Advertisement

AC'97 Speed in BeOS5PE

Started by September 15, 2003 02:27 AM
1 comment, last by benryves 21 years ago
I''m running a copy of BeOS5PE, and have these drivers installed: AC''97 Driver I have an Intel ICH4 integrated card; it is listed as compatible. Sound plays, but the problem is the speed of it. It tends to play at about 1.5x the normal speed, making everything sounded high pitched. If I open up the Media Preferences App, I have 3 options for card sample rate: 11, 22, or 44kHz. Sometimes, however, the sound plays fine and I have loads of different settings, from 8kHz up to 44.1kHz. Anyone have any ideas? I emailed the author, but he never replied...

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

Wow someone else using/trying BeOS! A former user myself (for sound/video editting, plus it ran better for most workstation tasks than the 98 I was running at the time), I have a suggestion:

Try to use the generic soundblaster compatible device if it works. I haven't come across too many sound chipsets that won't work completely properly with it. AC '97 support was incomplete when it was released, and r5 was the first release it was present in, so the bugs weren't worked out.

-Steven Rokiski

[edited by - SteevR on September 17, 2003 4:21:22 AM]
-Steven RokiskiMetatechnicality
Advertisement
As it is, BeOS 5 PE Max is downloading up at school At last I can leave the confines of the 500MB virtual partition!
Sounds like a good idea. I emailed the author, he's looking into the problem.
However:

the produced sound format is fixed to 8 bit mono.

Urgh Well, I'll give it a whirl.
BeOS should really get going again with the OpenBeOS project.

[edit]
Well, the SB drivers refused to detect my card. Ah well

[edited by - benryves on September 17, 2003 5:01:55 PM]

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement