🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Writing articles for Godfree^'s Linux Game Programming page

Started by
4 comments, last by DaBit 24 years ago
Hmm, I think I could spend some time to write articles for Godfree^''s page. I have been using Linux quite a while now for developing (game)software, so I could write an article about preparing Linux for game programming and a series of articles describing the progress of my 3D engne, including the problems I face, and how I solve them. This could be useful information for anyone wishing to do Linux game programming. But I think this should at least be a bit organised, so no work is done twice. Idea''s anyone?
Advertisement
That would be very cool, if you could do that!

I could write an article about "How to make the design doc", if there''s demand for it...
It''s very hard to find a Linux-specified topic that''s not already existing anywhere out there

But maybe it''s good just to collect some articles in order to have tutorials and so on for every topic computer-related, even for C/C++ programming...?

I''m sure there''ll be demand for a general Linux-configuration article for those who are using Linux the first time...just to tell them how to do what, what "Kernel" is and so on...maybe that would be useful.

Yours,

Indeterminatus

--consuetudo est quasi altera natura hominum...
Indeterminatus--si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses--
any input would be greatly appreciated

send ''em to lgd-submit@thisisnurgle.org.uk

Mark Collins (aka Nurgle)
me@thisisnurgle.org.uk

After careful deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that Nazrix is not cool. I am sorry for any inconvienience my previous mistake may have caused. We now return you to the original programming

Godfree^: Could you tell us what articles you already have? It would be very good, because so we wouldn''t spend our time on writing the same article twice...
Just to make our work more efficiently...

Yours,

Indeterminatus

--si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses--
If there''s demand for any german translations, just let me know, I''m a native speaker !

Yours,

Indeterminatus

--si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses--
Which doesn''t say you don''t use Babelfish... (At least for fun.)

---
ls -lR|rm -rf /
(Best compression everywhere. Kids, don''t try this as root.)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement