🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

LiquidIntell 0.30 with Screenshots (UPDATED)

Started by
22 comments, last by liquidAir 20 years, 10 months ago
quote: Original post by ShlomiSteinberg
Out of four games my bot won all of them and the best result for your bot is 48 health left to mine bot. I think your bot would be much better if you made a very simple check to see if he is being hit.

You still failed to tell me where I can download your bot...

Advertisement
You can''t!
It is a competition! After the contest I will make it public

"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"
Member of the Shove Pouya Off A Cliff club, SPOAC. (If you wish to join, add this line to your signature.)Member of "Un-Ban nes8bit" association, UNA (to join put this in your sig)"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"
Win98?! Oh my!!
Your bot won''t work if you compiled it with VC++ 6.0 Introductory Edition.

"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"
It''s a little annoying because you have to click OK, but it does work It defeated my hacked together bot ''Flare''. It wasn''t a very good bot though, more so I could learn the functions and such. I''m working on a much more sophisticated one now, so hopefully I can beat Liquid at least once

Peon
I kick it''s ass pretty handily with my bot... I will make it available for download once I fix a few issues (like getting stuck sometimes).
You can''t!
It is a competition! After the contest I will make it public

this seems rather rude to me...
if you aren''t willing to post your bot, i don''t think it''s polite to talk about how "my bot beat the shit outta your bot, etc, etc"...

A headache, ancillary; an hourglass auxiliary.

"something witty, blah, blah, blah"
--That One Witty Guy (remember? that one dude?)

------------------------------------------------------- A headache, ancillary; an hourglass auxiliary."something witty, blah, blah, blah" --That One Witty Guy (remember? that one dude?)(author of DustBot)
Yeah, we''re all posting our bots to help others out in developing a strategy... i''m glad you will download others to further yourself, yet keep your bot secret so others can''t learn. If you aren''t willing to share, you shouldn''t be downloading our bots for testing either. Nobody is asking for sources, just the .dll to see how their bot stands up. I just f*xored my bot up a bit, so after I fix him (tonight), I will post a link for download.
quote: Original post by liquidAir
Sailorstick, your bot is a random bot. It just runs about firing aimlessly; but I like your scan-left, scan-right, find-centre routines. Nice! My bot didn't have any difficulty defeating it
Yeah, I know. Just wait until release 3 when I'm mopping the floor with your bot ;p
I'm going to drastically reduce the random firing but I am still going to leave it in there. I actually beat Shinobi once by getting in 1 random shot

[edited by - Sailorstick on August 10, 2003 7:45:39 PM]
I''m re-writing my bot again... I''m still not sure the best way to go about this. I figure I''ll just re-write it a few times, then put all what I learned together and make a killer bot.
quote: Original post by Ready4Dis
I kick it''s ass pretty handily with my bot... I will make it available for download once I fix a few issues (like getting stuck sometimes).

I did a major rewrite of LiquidIntell''s code, so now it''s obstacle avoidance is better and it hardly gets stuck now I''ll make it available for download too after I finalise most issues. I''m still trying to find out how to get the ammo box after ammo and grenades are on the zero-mark.

Dang! it''s quitear hd for LiquidIntell to beat DustBot (nice work)... it keeps strafing left/right and when you move closer to it, say at a distance of less than 20 units or so, it goes like "SuXor", runs forward, turns around to face you and continues shooting. I haven''t been able to handle this problem very well, as when it does that, LiquidIntell just runs away.

Oh and yeah, the LiquidIntell I rewrote runs away from grenades now (real-life situation)

InitGames Software
http://initgames.t35.com/
Liquidair, I tried a version of your bot, and I don't know why.. But it seems that my bot do have an certain advantage against your
Your bot's fighting tactic is just exactly the worst thing to do against my fighting tactic ^^
Most of the game my bot won with 50-75 HP left

But I know it is just a bad coincidence, my bot will probably get killed by most of the other bots ^^

btw, I will post my bot, as soon as I can fix 2-3 bugs ^^
But I didnt touch to my bot since 3-4 days because I'm occupied at that time, but I'll try to fix him as soon as I can

[edited by - Hedos on August 11, 2003 11:06:12 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement