Advertisement

Help installing ClanLib 7.2.1

Started by August 03, 2003 07:44 AM
3 comments, last by Roming22 20 years, 6 months ago
Hi, I''m trying to install ClanLib 7.2.1 and I must say that I''m having a little trouble ... So I install Hermes 1.3.3, and ClanLib tells me it finds it. I configure with ''./configure --enable-png''. I''ve got the libpng installed but it says: png... no jpeg... yes Why? Anyway, I can ''make'' and ''make install'' it. I add ''/usr/local/lib'' to ld.so.conf and I do a ''ldconfig'' I compile the example Minimum (which compiles fine). But when I run it I get a message that says something like ''No instance of ClanApp''. Anyone can help me?
I'm betting on...

you're distro has libpng installed, but also has a libpng-dev that's NOT installed. and that's what this whatever-the-heck you're compiling needs.

what distro?

[edit: er thats for the first part, don't know what clanlib is, so i can't help you with the last part.]

[edited by - C-Junkie on August 3, 2003 2:12:23 PM]
Advertisement
Mandrake 9.1

I've installed about anything that is PNG related (the regular png lib, the devel and static devel png libs; and the gif2png)

It seems that the error I get is normal, and comes from the code. So I've compiled another example but when I run it I got a segmentation fault...

It is the InitDisplay example given with ClanLib

Anybody knows why ???

[edited by - Roming22 on August 3, 2003 7:13:42 PM]
Hi,
I have a problem too when installing clanlib 0.7.7 on mandrake 9.1
The problem is that I am a beginner and when I am trying to compile something using any components of clanlib with anjuta, these components seem to be undeclared in the lib

I have installed Clanlib in root
I have no library called clanlib that anjuta can identify

Can''t manage to install Clanlib correctly :''(
Tried all I know !
the trivial way isn''t working, rpm isn''t working ...
well do i have to put the header manually ?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement