🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Requests for GDArena

Started by
66 comments, last by khawk 20 years, 10 months ago
This thread is for making any requests for features, updates, or future additions. I will not guarantee any of these requests will be implemented.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Advertisement
How about some sort of zooming feature, so we can see battles closer up? I realise it''s hardly critical, but it may add to the experience.

This is the tale of a Northern Soul, looking to find his way back home
Same as Before
The taunt string appears to be updated every few frames, could it be changed to update it every frame?
Also, having a key to press for a single frame step and then pause would be good for debugging. Since you would be able to look at the taunt string for every frame.
Can you add a constant so we can run backwards, instead of at a walking pace? (or is this already available?)

[twitter]warrenm[/twitter]

Could the Maximum length of the taunt be extended?
quote: Original post by MDI
How about some sort of zooming feature, so we can see battles closer up? I realise it''s hardly critical, but it may add to the experience.

This is the tale of a Northern Soul, looking to find his way back home

It would add, but I don''t consider it enough of a concern right now because these defects need to be resolved first.

Admin for GameDev.net.

quote: Original post by Xgkkp
Same as Before

This is going to be done.. I just haven''t done it yet.

Admin for GameDev.net.

quote: Original post by Anonymous Poster
The taunt string appears to be updated every few frames, could it be changed to update it every frame?
Also, having a key to press for a single frame step and then pause would be good for debugging. Since you would be able to look at the taunt string for every frame.

I might make this a part of the debug flag in the gdarena.ini. Right now every taunt lasts ~2 seconds. The reason it''s the way it is is because when I was debugging, the taunt string would often be changing every frame, thereby making it impossible to get any use out of it. I figured people would find it as annoying as I did, so I made it last a few seconds before disappearing.

Admin for GameDev.net.

quote: Original post by ZealousElixir
Can you add a constant so we can run backwards, instead of at a walking pace? (or is this already available?)

It''s not available. I considered it, but I don''t know if it will be added. Having only one backwards speed seems to add another dimension to the strategy.

Admin for GameDev.net.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement