🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Questions about GDArena

Started by
59 comments, last by khawk 20 years, 10 months ago
This thread is for any questions you have about how things work, how to use the interface, etc.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Advertisement
Okay, I''m new to this Dll stuff, when I put the code the Botgen program makes into a project and tell it to compile, it says ''TestBot.dll - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)'' however it does not generate an actual dll file anywhere that I can find... what am I doing wrong?
It does the same to me, MSVC generates a DLL further up the directory hierarchy. Go from the GDArena directory and look in all subdirectories, as it doesn''t seem to like placing it in the \debug folder.

This is the tale of a Northern Soul, looking to find his way back home
it places ur dll into the path "..\bin" ...

T2k
quote: Original post by T2k

Okay, found and sorted that out, now the only thing I can''t work out is how to debug it - I said Debug, then chose ''gdarena.exe'' as the debug exe but it just crashed with an unhandled exception...
Question regarding the object API - is it 0 or 1 based? That is, if I call GetObjectsInSight(0, ...), will that get the first object in my sight, or cause an error, or something else?

[twitter]warrenm[/twitter]

quote: Original post by Xgkkp
quote: Original post by T2k

Okay, found and sorted that out, now the only thing I can''t work out is how to debug it - I said Debug, then chose ''gdarena.exe'' as the debug exe but it just crashed with an unhandled exception...

In the project settings->debug, make sure the working folder is the location of the gdarena.exe.

Admin for GameDev.net.

quote: Original post by ZealousElixir
Question regarding the object API - is it 0 or 1 based? That is, if I call GetObjectsInSight(0, ...), will that get the first object in my sight, or cause an error, or something else?

0 based. GetObjectsInSight(0, ...) will give you the first object.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Now, for some unit clarifications.

What does a distance of "1" represent? How many units wide is the Arena?

What units are angles measured in? Degrees, radians, gradians (yeah, right )?

[twitter]warrenm[/twitter]

quote: Original post by ZealousElixir
Now, for some unit clarifications.

What does a distance of "1" represent? How many units wide is the Arena?

What units are angles measured in? Degrees, radians, gradians (yeah, right )?

Units are whatever you want them to be. There is no standard there. The Arena is 320x240 units, though.

All angles are in degrees.

Admin for GameDev.net.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement