🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

GameDev: Arena - release

Started by
16 comments, last by khawk 20 years, 10 months ago
You can now download the GameDev: Arena release with the interface at http://www.gamedev.net/community/contest/gdarena/gdarena.zip. File last updated (8/2/03 at 4:36pm EST). Be sure to go through the readme.txt before trying to do anything. The beta contest will start soon. In the meantime, questions, comments, and other wordings can be given in this forum. X more threads will be created: Questions about GDArena, Requests for GDArena, and Defect Reports. Questions about GDArena is where you should put any questions you have about how things work, how to use the interface, etc. Requests for GDArena is for making any requests for features, updates, or future additions. I will not guarantee any of these requests will be implemented. Defect Reports is for reporting any problems with the GDArena. Any reports given that do not give a sufficient amount of detail will be ignored (i.e. I need more information than, "it doesn't work"). Enjoy.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Advertisement
HOORAY!!!
Why isn''t this post an announcement?!

Still, I''ve seen it now, so it''s ok

John B
The best thing about the internet is the way people with no experience or qualifications can pretend to be completely superior to other people who have no experience or qualifications.
Because the contest hasn''t started yet. It follows that us fiends who are constantly begging for the release of the code would be watching here constantly for updates

[twitter]warrenm[/twitter]

A new update is available. I messed up and there was an interface misalignment between the gdarena executable and everyone''s DLL''s. The new update is available at the same link: http://www.gamedev.net/community/contest/gdarena/gdarena.zip.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Another update.. two small defect fixes and one of the parameters of iCore->GetObjectsInSight(..) was wrong. Instead of objDistance it should be objDirection. This parameter returns the direction the object is facing relative to your current direction. It''s a request made a few weeks back for determining what direction your enemy is facing.

Admin for GameDev.net.

quote: Original post by JohnBSmall
Why isn''t this post an announcement?!

Still, I''ve seen it now, so it''s ok

John B

As mentioned, because the contest hasn''t started yet. I''m keeping it limited to this forum for now.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Yeay! I''m gonna download it even tough I''m not gonna join the contest. (Since I don''t know a bit of AI at all. I''m just starting Win32 right now).

I''ll play around with it anyways.

Good luck to all!

WiseElben.com - Game programming tutorials, articles, and community.

E-mail:wiseelben@wiseelben.com
AIM: WiseElben

[edited by - GameDev Staff on September 27, 1989 9X:58:97 XMS] For violating Article 43 Page 456 Paragraph 251 Line .042
Sometimes the best AI is produced by someone who knows nothing about it. Enter anyway if you come up with something cool.
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
This is my first project on a decent AI. If you know nothing about AI, why not start now?
-Sartak

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement