🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Welcome

Started by
16 comments, last by khawk 20 years, 11 months ago
This is a temporary forum for discussion of the GameDev: Arena contest and related topics. Anything off this topic will be removed as soon as I see it. Kevin "Khawk" Hawkins
CEO and News Director, GameDev.net
Software Engineer, Raydon Corporation
Author, OpenGL Game Programming Contributing author, Game Development: Tricks of the Trade, "Using the UML in Game Development" Developer Diary

Admin for GameDev.net.

Advertisement
This is excellent.

BTW, any way you could compress that zip a bit more? It''s 9mb, and I''m on 56K... perhaps providing an alternate .RAR file would be smaller.

Superpig
- saving pigs from untimely fates, and when he''s not doing that, runs The Binary Refinery.
Enginuity1 | Enginuity2 | Enginuity3

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

quote: Original post by superpig
This is excellent.

BTW, any way you could compress that zip a bit more? It''s 9mb, and I''m on 56K... perhaps providing an alternate .RAR file would be smaller.

Yes, I am going to change the models and textures.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Great idea.

So, what''s been changed and/or planned since you first started
the contest idea? As fun as sorting through the first thread
would be, it''d be nice to know what''s up from the person who''s
running it. ~.^

Still a great idea, btw. ^_^

-Hyatus
"da da da"
Yeah! A new forum! Horray!
quote: Original post by Hyatus
Great idea.

So, what''s been changed and/or planned since you first started
the contest idea? As fun as sorting through the first thread
would be, it''d be nice to know what''s up from the person who''s
running it. ~.^

Still a great idea, btw. ^_^

-Hyatus
"da da da"

Nothing, really. The downloadable demo is conceptually the same as the actual contest. There are going to be a few differences, like the bot models, some of the arena dynamics (i.e. bots don''t run through rocks), and so on, but everything is the same. This forum will just make it easier to report problems, issues, new information, and any possible future contests.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Heheh could I also suggest the huge change of.... changing the exe name! it''s still 4e4!!!
Mr. Khawk, it might be a good idea to move your dl link to a forum-visible place so that people-on-the-go like myself can easily see a demo of GameDev: Arena. It''s tedious and possibly turn-off to look through 5 pages of thread posts to find the center of the discussion. I''m dling it now and it is huge! I''m just suggesting b/c you may attract more contestants if you have the tools/info readily available. OTHERWISE GREAT CONTEST!!!
how are you supposed to move around and interact with the exe?
Shouldn''t that other thread have just been moved into this form from the announcements instead of closing it?
WNDCLASSEX Reality;......Reality.lpfnWndProc=ComputerGames;......RegisterClassEx(&Reality);Unable to register Reality...what's wrong?---------Dan Uptonhttp://0to1.orghttp://www20.brinkster.com/draqza

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement