Advertisement

MAS

Started by June 06, 2003 09:52 PM
1 comment, last by BradDaBug 21 years, 3 months ago
Ever hear of MAS? I heard about it a while ago when it seemed to be just getting started, but now they have some downloads. How is it? Is it a good alternative to ESD yet (I guess the requirements to be a good alternative to ESD being 1. doesn''t crash and 2. plays some kind of sound)? Anyone tried it yet? Any thoughts on it?
I like the DARK layout!
Well, BradDaBug, I just downloaded MAS 0.6.0 and the xmms output plugin and got them all working, and MAS seems pretty cool. There''s not much of a delay (but still not as good as Windows). But it doesn''t seem to support anything but stereo sounds. Plus it seems REALLY easy to crash, and XMMS is the only thing I can get it to work with, so that kind of defeats the purpose. Maybe when the next version comes out it''ll fix all that.
I like the DARK layout!
Advertisement
I just noticed Debian unstable had packages for MAS. The latency is good (as in, I'm not noticing any at all), but it's pretty unstable (crashes relatively often when I start or stop a sound). So, it needs some work, but its latency is fine. This is all from a local connection to MAS, by the way.

Edit: I'm too slow; I see you tried it yourself while I was making sure ESD wasn't causing MAS to crash .

[edited by - Null and Void on June 6, 2003 11:43:11 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement