Advertisement

BSD mail client

Started by June 02, 2003 05:03 PM
3 comments, last by OctDev 21 years, 3 months ago
I''m looking for a mail program that can do the following: Access my mail personal mail account at my webhost periodically, and then store the messages in its own pop3 account, which would then be accessed by my personal machine(s). Basically, I want to be able to access my server behind my firewall with my trusted machines to get my mail, but I have a dynamic IP so I don''t want to route all of my mail to it; it still needs to go to my hosted server. Unfortunately, I am not sure how to verbalize this process correctly, so I am having difficulty finding program documentation to learn how to do this. Any tips on programs to look into using? My server will be running (probably open)BSD. The Tyr project is here.
The Tyr project is here.
Does your webhost run a standard protocol like POP[3] or IMAP? Then fetchmail is what you want.
Advertisement
Yes. fetchmail, huh? I''ll go check it out. Will it recreate accessable pop3 mailboxes? I''ll go a googling...
The Tyr project is here.
That didn''t take long. Yes, it''s what I am looking for. Thanx Oluseyi; I hated my earlier random searching that was leading nowhere.
The Tyr project is here.
Glad to have been of help.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement