Advertisement

I need a driver for a Mach64 graphics card

Started by May 23, 2003 04:45 AM
1 comment, last by Mr Cucumber 21 years, 3 months ago
I recently installed Debian linux but I cant start x. I have been unable to find a graphics driver for my old ATI Mach64 graphics card. If anyone knows where to find one or how to solve it in some other way, please help me.
quote: Original post by Mr Cucumber
I recently installed Debian linux but I cant start x. I have been unable to find a graphics driver for my old ATI Mach64 graphics card. If anyone knows where to find one or how to solve it in some other way, please help me.

Actually, Mach64 drivers are a standard part of XFree86. My old expert 98 which used the Mach64 linux drivers to run worked great. So you might want to try reconfiguring for your X with xf86config and select the appropriate videocard.

[Cyberdrek | the last true sorcerer | Spirit Mage - mutedfaith.com][ Administrator TheLinuxForum.tk]

[edited by - cyberdrek on May 23, 2003 8:27:17 AM]
[Cyberdrek | ]
Advertisement
In that case it is my linux knowledge that is missing and not the driver itself.
Actually I thouht that the driver was a part of xf86 and I remember choosing it when I ran some xf86 config program. But when I try to start x I get a "No screen found" error.
Could that error be because I chose bad settings for my monitor?
I checked the manual so that it would be right, but maybe things went wrong anyway.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement