Advertisement

TV Card Under Linux

Started by May 21, 2003 01:31 AM
1 comment, last by Glandalf 21 years, 3 months ago
I''m getting a weird occurance under Linux. I''m using my ATI TV Wonder VE card to watch TV. Ever since I started the program, the sound of what ever channel I leave it on is always running in the background. It doesnt even stop when I cold boot the computer. As soon as I log in to KDE, it starts again. Not sure what is going on. I would be thankful for any help. Specs Soyo Dragon PE AMD 1900 512 ram GF4 440 MX Soundblaster Audigy X-Gamer ATI TV Wonder VE card Glandalf
Under windows, whenever you exit the TV tuner program, the program mutes the channel on which you were receiving audio. The linux program probably doesn''t do that. So if you''re receiving line-in input, you need to mute the line-in channel. If you''re receiving CD Audio input, you need to mute the CD audio channel.

I don''t personally use linux to watch TV, but that''s what I''m guessing is happening to you.
---New infokeeps brain running;must gas up!
Advertisement
Thanks, I''ll see what I can do to mute that. I wasnt going to watch it either, but started the program too see if it worked, out of curiosity. Then the sound never went away.... Thanks for the info

Glandalf

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement