🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

FYI:The World is Not Enough/Hollywood Plus DVD

Started by
2 comments, last by Whirlwind 24 years, 1 month ago
Just a quick note that there is a problem with playing ''The World is Not Enough'' across a RealMagic Hollywood Plus DVD decoder card. Well, actually not playing as you get a MMSYSTEM275 error, even with the v1.8.1 drivers/player. I''ve been a good samaritan and popped of emails to both MGM and RealMagic about it. The test I did: - Try updating divers - Reload OS (had to, SCANDISK ate everything ) - Load latest drivers - Retro drivers to previous rev, and then rev before that - Try other DVD - Exchange DVD (MGM said it might be defective) - Remove and reinstall latest drivers - Install crappy software DVD player from 3DFX *passed* So much for watching that movie tonight on the big screen. No, I don''t watch movies on my itty bitty 17" monitor. I have nothing against MGM or Realmagic (nothing but love for that card until now). This is just so you won''t think you have a problem. What, hoping for a new contest or something ?
Advertisement
no, not a contest, but a free giveaway to me.

Well, nes8bit, we could have a contest! Everybody keeps sending me money, and the person who sends me the most money, gets a Xerox(tm) of the cover of ''The World is Not Enough'' DVD and a genuine RealMagic Hollywood + DVD decoder card manual!

** For the clueless, I am just joking ***
I''ve heard this tech support answer before.....

What happens if you disable the UDF file system?
Start\run\msconfig>>general>>advanced

It worked. One day, I''ll bother finding out what the ''UDF file system'' is...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement