🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

New Contest ?

Started by
42 comments, last by Tha_HoodRat 24 years, 2 months ago
Just curious , when is it gonna be ? I''ve got an itchy trigger finger ..Trying to take me outta the Ghetto , but I'm still buck wild . So I'll hustle up wit em , knuckle up wit em hoody hooo..............
I was influenced by the Ghetto you ruined.
Advertisement
Hey Hoodrat... I think Kevin said sometime near the end of this week. If ya really gots to make something, go to makegames.com and try the SkyScene, under Flipcode contest.

Nick
"If you build it, it will crash."
We''ll post it sometime this week. We just need to nail down a few final details.

Dave
I know!!!!!
Lets have a "who can make the best mac game" contest...

I probably still wouldnt win.

I think it would be neat if there was a game programming contest with no rules. You should be able to use whatever art you want, etc. The only rule should be no stealing ideas. how about that for a contest?
Is that a game using mac''s or or a game that runs on macs? I am thinking ''Nanook of the North:Mac Hunter'' - Defend the eskimo''s from the deadly Mac! Unfortunately, I think ''Nanook of the North'' already has a trademark on it... I almost bought a mac once, but the screen magnifier pushed it out of my budget.

I''ll look at getting a mac when it comes out in ''Rudabega''.
Wow! Double post, the forum likes it!

Edited by - Whirlwind on May 9, 2000 2:33:21 PM
quote: Original post by Moe

I think it would be neat if there was a game programming contest with no rules. You should be able to use whatever art you want, etc. The only rule should be no stealing ideas. how about that for a contest?

Such a contest would be very hard to keep fair, and even harder to judge. There are people here that could submit games that have been in development for years, so people just starting would have a very difficult time to compete with that. In addition, it''s hard to compare games of different genres.

For that reason, most of our contests are going to have some kind of equalizing restriction. Note, though, that I said "most." Anything is possible.
I think there should be a win/dos CRPG contest! With a size limit! something like 2 meg or so...

any comments?

========================
Game project(s):
www.fiend.cjb.net
=======================Game project(s):www.fiend.cjb.net
no, i hate size limits. whatever u do, dont put a size limit.
what i would suggest it to limit the genre of the game. limiting graphics wouldn''t be a good idea cuz there''s always something in your mind that the graphics library is missing.

- pouya

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement