🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Love Sucks! Get a fast solution!

Started by
22 comments, last by nes8bit 24 years, 2 months ago
Yeah, I was hooked, what can i say...could it have been the GUI, or the mouse, or the graphics...i dont know.

I use all platforms now, im not ignorant like some people and discount the ones ive never used.

Advertisement
Hi,

The "ILOVEYOU" virus is both a worm and a trojan horse.

"In comparison with viruses Trojan horses are not widely spread. The reasons of this are quite simple - they either destroy themselves together with the rest of the data on disks, or unmask their presence and are deleted by victimized users."
--www.avp.ch

You see, the loveletter.txt.vbs file creates a trojan virus on the hard drive. (To accomplish this, it points the Internet Explorer browser to download a trojan WINDOWS-BUGFIX.EXE (or something like that), and then alters the registry to auto-run that program.)

"These [worms] spread in a computer network and, like viruses-"companions", don''t change files or sectors on disks. "
--www.avp.ch

Obviously, "ILOVEYOU" also travels across networks (and the internet), so it is a worm. Once it gets to a target computer, as stated above, it downloads the trojan.

--Anonymous==

oh crap! I forgot to download that! I bet those four pages have been ripped off the internet though.

Edited by - nes8bit on May 12, 2000 6:54:59 PM
love is destructive no matter what form it comes in

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement