Advertisement

Game of the time... and never got good audience/sales (sigh...)

Started by May 03, 2000 01:18 PM
37 comments, last by Paladin 24 years, 4 months ago
We all know that game-business is really unstable, and many extremely good games never get for most of the audience... So my question is: Which game should get "Game that never was played enough" award? My personal award goes for Realms Of The Haunting. Who knows this game? It's about four years old adventure-fps game, and one of the best games ever made! It is unbelieveble how bad this game did... First of all I could say that the programming team did unbelieveble big job by filling FOUR CD's with pure-game-stuff during the time of "multimedia games". Game is real adventure game with BIG playing area, which includes big mansion, yards, other dimensions and so on... there is simply too much to tell about. To simply say, this game literally offers atleast about one week playing before it's trough, and not because it's really hard or anything, but because there is so much to explore. Once again, the game has some shooter elements, but mainly it's PURE adventure game with great puzzles. The plot is complicated and really cool! Satan and god aren't only ones who are fighting for the destiny of this tiny world (as player finds out during the game... there are other dimensions, and TIMES). Engine is Doom engine, but with nice enchantments (up & down looking, jumping... well, everything except that enemies are sprites), and it provides REALLY *EXTREMELY* detailed world. Game works in 640x480, and if I remember right, it can use up to 16bit graphics! Videos are HIGH-QUALITY, and atleast as good as Red-Alert/C&C videos, and acting is pretty darn nice. If you can find this game from some shop, buy it, I PROMISE that you will love it As for Finnish people: I would love to buy this game from anyone who has it for 80mk+pk, please throw a message if you can sell it! Other games that should win this "award"? I DO NOT ACCEPT games that did well on markets... ps. Probably one reason why this game didn't do well, is that Gremlin Interactive published it Edited by - paladin on 5/3/00 1:28:05 PM

I think the best game that didn''t sell enough was Myst.
Advertisement
Hahaha, very funny, Chrono999. I assume you were joking, since we all know Myst is the best-selling computer game of all time.

My vote is The Neverhood. This sold pretty poorly and is an excellent and very innovative and creative and funny adventure game. I highly recommend it to anyone who can find it.

Alex
Atypical Interactive
www.atypical-interactive.com
------------------------------Changing the future of adventure gaming...Atypical Interactive
T-Mek (arcade)

$0.02
Chrono: Hehee! Pretty good joke ;D "Sold only couple of million pieces" :D

What is T-Mek?

My game...

don''t worry, I''m not done with reality yet!
Advertisement
SHOGO that game is increditable if you have a good 3d board and find this one , buy it you don´t will regret

t-mek don´t was a tank batle game that used two sticks? if was that game was a crap , you know is fun at first but after two plays you don´t wanna see that machine again , i think that this game have a 32X(that genesis crap) version too

- do you beleive that only today that a see that my name is wrinten wrong, is maSSaranduba. well i don´t wanna lose my fanatic stats
This one is EASY - System Shock has to be the most under-sold game of all time. It was a victim of the commercial market domination of Doom as it was released exactly that time! But it kicks doom''s arse anyday - find out yourself!
I agree with Maitrek...I played the original SS 4 months ago after playing System Shock 2. Man that game just had it all, and still beats it''s sequel in terms of story. (Also it didn''t have the ''rushed'' feel to it as SS2 had when you entered the other ship)

"All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy." - The Shining
I reccomend www.theunderdogs.org for anyone looking for those good old ''sleeper'' hits. It is not a warez site, and the webmaster will rather direct you to where you can still buy an old game rather than post it. But to those that you just CAN''T find he has dedicated a shrine to all those games that were cool, but didn''t sell.

"All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy." - The Shining

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement