🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Resident Evil on PSX

Started by
2 comments, last by valg3 24 years, 2 months ago
The Resident Evil games on Playstation are the best! But does anyone have any clue how they created the movement aspects of it? It''s obvious that the backgrounds and surrounds are paintings, but how did they create the game to stop you at certain spots so you don''t walk on the walls or through a trashcan, desk or anything? I''m new to game programming and trying to grasp the concepts/programming behind such games.
Advertisement
If you want to learn those kinds of aspects in game programming, go by andre lamothe''s, "Tricks of the Game Programming Gurus". or something like that.. go check it out on amazon, get it, read it, then you''ll be able to create your own RE.

GO LEAFS GO!
3D Math- The type of mathematics that'll put hair on your chest!
I can't want for Alone in the Dark 4. I think there is going to be a Playstation version so you should probably check it out. Not to criticise Resident Evil (I only played through the first one), but Alone4 looks to have a lot more atmosphere eg. less gore but much more.....fun in the dark.

www.aloneinthedark.com

Paulcoz.

Edited by - paulcoz on 4/24/00 8:22:02 PM
Thanks Fredric, I already have that book. Hopefully I have time to read the dang thing after finals are over. :-(

Paulcoz, I''ll check out that link. Had no idea they were making another Alone in the dark. How old''s that series now??

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement