🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Depressed teenager. Read this.

Started by
43 comments, last by kill 24 years, 2 months ago
Moving this to the lounge...
~ The opinions stated by this individual are the opinions of this individual and not the opinions of her company, any organization she might be part of, her parrot, or anyone else. ~
Advertisement
I understand how u are feel. I am 20 and in college. I never have had a girlfriend. I do have a few friends. I don''t like socializing with a lot of people because I think they are weird. It is getting better though. Once you get to college you will meet others who care. If they didn''t they wound not be spending $20000+ to go. I a talking to more people, I get lots more respect. I know a few of my high school friends that are in college with me. The rest of them are just wasting their lives drinking and smoking dope. Oh well, but it does get better.
I haven''t read all the posts on this page, but i noticed someone say something along the lines of "I used to have an intelligent friend who could program..."
Is there some idea going on that people who can''t program aren''t intelligent? Programming isn''t everything, people, tho some here seem to think so. All my friends, other than one, can''t program and they are all intelligent.
Even I wouldn''t claim to be able to program yet, as i am still learning, but does that mean that I''m not intelligent until i know a bit more about it?

"Born of a Broken Man, but not a broken man."
------------------------------"If a job's worth doing it's worth getting someone else to do it for you....."
Intelligence is what you do with what you know. At least for me it is.

Many people can learn a programming language but that doesn''t make them a good programmer.
- Tekumze
quote: Original post by OldManDave
Stop all this gay nonsense

Hey, absolutely NONE of that! Gay is NOT a derogatory term, DON''T use it as one!

On a more positive note, has anyone considered co-housing? It''s a growing movement in the US (sorry, don''t know about elsewhere). A co-housing group is sort of like a commune, but relies on capitalist economics so it doesn''t fall apart. The idea is to collect a group of campatabile people from across the country, then settle them all in the same housing development where they can talk to each other.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement