🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Playstation 2 vs. Dreamcast

Started by
23 comments, last by komi 24 years, 2 months ago
personally I hate consoles anyway... The last console I had was a megadrive (or Genesis as it seemed to have been called in other countries). I''ve stuck to PC games because I''ve never seen any game on a console that I think looks any good, other than those that are on PC anyway.

As for the FF series, i can''t see the attraction. I played the demo of FF8 and it is horrible. The gameplay seemed crap and whoever was responsible for those terrible graphics wants shooting (in my opinion of course )

"Born of a Broken Man, but not a broken man."
------------------------------"If a job's worth doing it's worth getting someone else to do it for you....."
Advertisement
quote: Original post by David Herod
As for the FF series, i can''t see the attraction. I played the demo of FF8 and it is horrible. The gameplay seemed crap and whoever was responsible for those terrible graphics wants shooting (in my opinion of course

Actually, FF8 had some of the best cut scene FMVs I''ve seen in any game console or PC. I will agree that the regular graphics were low quality compared to PC titles though. The aliasing was a big problem.. jaggies everywhere.

Jesse Chounard
I personally think that the playstation 2 is better than the dreamcast. although the recall in japan might have hurt peoples ideas it is still the best platform out for gaming.(It bases its games on DVD!)

sephiroth
MACS RULE!!!!
Dreamcast vs Playstation 2

well in my opinion, if I look at the history of SEGA when they first release a new system it''s the best (most likely ''cause they launch a system) faster then others so they have better graphs etc... but when the slower companies (Sony and Nintendo) come the SEGA system becomes obsolete/outdated very soon and Nintendo probably too and that will probably happen to the Dreamcast too, but only the future will tell.

and my opinion about the Final Fantasy series, FF8 sucks on the PC, under budgeted by Square just ''just make the PSX version run on the pc with the same graphics...'' and if the next FF8 still uses displayed text instead of spoken and doesn''t inlcude anything NEW it think it would be best for FF to retire and find a better RPG with spoken text and new features, ''cause there are!!!!

Lunar series was wonderful, as was Suikoden.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement