🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

1 year anniversary

Started by
18 comments, last by Fredric 24 years, 3 months ago
Wow! I guess I''m the young one here! I bet some people here have been programming longer than I lived! hehe, but that''s awesome! Again, thanks!

Programming::~Fredric(const Annoy_Ance)
3D Math- The type of mathematics that'll put hair on your chest!
Advertisement
I''m thinking about getting married to my computer. We''re planning a honeymoon to Silicon Valley... She loves it there, really!

"I think, therefore I am...I think"
Congrats Fredric. I have been programming since ''84 when the C-64 came out, since then I programmed on the Amiga, Atari ST, and now the PC. I too have a collection of books, At last count was over 80. Keep up the good work.
I started being interested in computers February 10, 1987. Wait! Maybe that was my birthdate.... they seem so interchangable!
hehe, it''s true that some of you have been programming for longer than I have existed! I was born in ''85, and just turned 15 on the 13th of March... pretty intesting I think!

Hey! We have a new poll: What are your birthdates?
I was born in ''82. (February 12th)
I was born in the grand year of 1985, August 16.

Martin
______________Martin EstevaolpSoftware
I''ve been programming in c for 6 years, and programming in general for 7 years...i''m 13(couple weeks i''ll be 14) - I''ll let you do the math

"When people tell you they want to hear the truth, you know that their lying."
Sometiesm I''m completely shocked when I find out some of the young develops that post here''s ages! Programming for 7 years, and almost 14? That''s half your life programming! Then we have a 12 year old developing a cartoon (I forget his name) based game.... I couldn''t tell he was 12! He acts mature, and his sentence structures are far superior to some the adults! This is just something that has been very interesting to find out and talk about... I mean, when I tell my friends that I know C++, they flip out and think I''m a genious (I''m not- C++ is pretty easy). But, that''s nothing compared to some of the youngest people who are already developing games! I only wish that this was more like my 8th anniversary instead of my 1st... I''d be a whole lot further!

Be glad that it''s your 1 year anniversary and that you aren''t starting out now. Also, what you said about people who start programming at very young ages...I think it''s true, and really great! For example, I had no idea that Cloxs is 13 until now, just by the way he speaks and the amount of knowledge he has. Yes, that''s a compliment Cloxs

Martin
______________Martin EstevaolpSoftware

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement