🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

1 year anniversary

Started by
18 comments, last by Fredric 24 years, 3 months ago
Today, March 25th 2000, is the 1 year anniversary of me being interested in computers! That''s right, the 1 year anniversary! March 25th, last year, I bought Sams Teach Yourself HTML in 24 Hours. I read the book, and loved HTML. I loved using computers in general! Since then I have learned some of the more advanced concepts in C++ such as polymorphism and advanced inheritence, as well as started to learn OpenGL. I have calculated how much money I have spent on computer reference books since buying my first computer book- html in 24 hours. I have spent $420 (Canadian) in one year... this is just something I thought I could tell some of you people! Does anyone else remember the exact date when they first started getting into programming/computers? Books I have purchased since March 25th, 1999- 1. Sams Teach Yourself HTML in 24 Hours 2. CGI Programming 3. Using Windows 98 4. Windows 2000 Programming from the ground up 5. Sams Teach Yourself C++ in 21 days 6. Game Programming Starter kit 3.0 7. Windows Game programming for dummies 8. Black Art of 3d Game programming 9. Inside 3d Studio MAX 2 10. Fundamentals of 3d Studio Max 2 11. Graphics, Animation & Interactivity: with Flash 5.0 12. Designing Interactive Web Sites 13. Game Design: Secrets of The Sages NOTE: In order not to get flamed, please heed the following: your skill level doesn''t reflect how much money you spend on books, or how many references you have... Programming::~Fredric(const Annoy_Ance)
3D Math- The type of mathematics that'll put hair on your chest!
Advertisement
Hey everyone it''s my 2 and a half month anniversary since I made a total of 256 words that I''ve ever typed on a computer...
"I have realised that maths can explain everything. How it can is unimportant, I want to know why." -Me
I''m not the only one who makes pointless points see a laugh at you for calling my posts pointless? Yes Yes Yes Yes

"Don't Blame us, blame yourself or God"

FFT
"Don't Blame us, blame yourself or God" FFT
Get a life you nerd. (watch him start a post about ''Can Other People Call me a nerd?'' thread...) Some people just piss me off! Instead of TRYING to piss me off, and kicking my 1 year anniversary thread into the ditch, why don''t you smile and say, "Congratulations!" (even if you don''t mean it). It''s my 1 year anniversary, I''m proud of it. It''s an accomplishment in an programmer''s carear! What have YOU accomplished??

Programming::~Fredric(const Annoy_Ance)
Congrats Friedric on your 1 year of being interested in computers For me, that was about 6 or 7 years ago, so I didn''t get any congrats on it, since my parents hated it at the time But that isn''t the point!! Have a Merry Anniversary with your computer. Hehe
Fredric: Got any plans for you and your computer? How about a present for it--a CDRW perhaps? I hear Bermuda is just great for anniversaries j/k

For real, congratulations, and keep workin''!

Martin
______________Martin EstevaolpSoftware
Haha, thanks! It really means a lot to me! This is a memorable time for me.. it may seem weird, but it is to me simply because I''ve been into computers for a year. Next memorable thing: Making my first game! >

Programming::~Fredric(const Annoy_Ance)
Go for it! I''m still on making my first GOOD game

Martin
______________Martin EstevaolpSoftware
Happy 1st, Fredric!

My dad started teaching me good ole GW-BASIC when I was ten, so I guess I''m somewhere near my eighth year anniversary. (not like I could make anything when I was ten, but that''s when my interest in computers started )

"If at first you don't succeed... destroy all evidence of ever trying"
"If at first you don't succeed... destroy all evidence of ever trying"
Hmm - if I remember right, it was Winter ''94 when I started to write my first QBASIC-Programs

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement