🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Food habits

Started by
13 comments, last by Sparkle 24 years, 3 months ago
Here''s a question to (quite literally) chew on: What do you all eat while programming (or playing games)? It''s not all pizza, burgers and beer, is it? Do you think computer-addicts in general eat more junkfood than other people? Or is that just a myth. Personally I don''t usually have food close to the computer desk. It gets so messy with crumbs and pieces of food in the keyboard... (Not to mention spilling a bottle of coke all over it! How many of you have managed that magic trick?). But every now and then I just GOTTA have a snack, and in such moments pizza is a good choice, with some refreshing fluids to go *Sparkle* (having such a moment...) (And just for the record: I do eat healthy food too)
Advertisement
Going out to get a burger or pizza is too much of an effort, I eat what''s in the house (just kidding ). I usually don''t eat while programming, I drink Coke

/. Muzzafarath
I'm reminded of the day my daughter came in, looked over my shoulder at some Perl 4 code, and said, "What is that, swearing?" - Larry Wall
For long stretch I have a 2L bottle of Barqs beside me.
As much as I''d like to eat junk food all the time, I can''t. I''m kind of a health nut, but I do also eat not great food often. A pop can give me a quick surge of energy that makes me want to code, but it goes away soon after. I still drink them occasionally, though.

Darn you, body! Darn you to limbo!
I always have a bottle of Jolt Cola near me, when I program! It''s able to keep me awake up all night so I can program away! Heheh... well, actually, I''m kind of being a follower by doing that. I''m always hearing about how programmers hardly ever get to sleep, and how they always drink fluids with caffeine in them... I want to be a programmer so bad, I copy as much as I can from them- right down to the eating habits! I drink Jolt Cola as much as I can... it kind of makes me feel like a programmer in a way. It''s weird and childish, but it''s actually a form of motivation for myself.

Programming::~Fredric(const Annoy_Ance)
3D Math- The type of mathematics that'll put hair on your chest!
Whatever turns you on Fredric

I generally don''t eat much if I''m on a major programming mission, if I do get really hungry I go find something in the kitchen I can make quickly. I don''t drink anything other than water (usually, sometimes coffee (black, no sugar)).
I very rarely stay up really late ''cause I know I''m gonna have to get up at 7 tomorrow for college. Also I tend to work best between 10am and 8pm.

George.

"Who says computer games affect kids, imagine if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all sit around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music....uh oh!"

George. F"Who says computer games affect kids, imagine if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all sit around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music....uh oh!"
>> I tend to work best between 10am - 8pm

Dude, haven''t you read Windows Game Programming for Dummies?
Go to page 133, Part II Jacking In with DirectX. What do you read at the bottom of the page? Yes: "Real Game Programmers do their best work between 1 and 5 a.m."

(Don''t take this too seriously, just having some fun in the Lounge)

----------
Drago
osu!
hm, i''d say i used to eat a lot while programming. I always want to have something near me when i code... Usually some tosts, pizza, and any kind of weird junk food you could think off! Also, i drink MUCH coke, and milk (weird combination... but heck, i like it ).

However, these habbits resulted in an increase of weight, so i''m trying to live withought ''em now.

Well... soon i''ll have my normal weight back and.... (i just hope i''ll not charge as i used to ).

c ''ya around.
... LEMMINGS ... LEMMINGS ... LEMMINGS ... LEM..... SpLaSh!...Could this be what we stand like before the mighty One?Are we LeMmIngS or WhAt!? ;)
I like coffee (strong and black, no sugar -- you have to swallow it twice! ) and Ye Olde Coca-Cola Classic when i code.

My normal habits are pretty healthy; mostly vegetarian...but at times I love a good steak!

I''m surprised more of yous guys don''t drink coffee...it''s fantastic stuff. But I usually drink it for the taste...grind my own beans and everything. I''ve given up coffee in the evenings; then I usually like herbal tea with some electronica in the background (like Fluke).

----------------------------------------
Look behind you! A three-headed monkey!
----------------------------------------Look behind you! A three-headed monkey!
Coffee? UURGH!!
I quit drinking coffee at the age of 3. And that's actually true!
When my parents were at work I stayed with one of my aunts, and she let me drink the leftovers in her coffee cups. I also did this disgusting thing during "coffee & cake" parties at home.
YUCK! GAG! BLAARG!!!
I can't believe my parents let me do that.

I've never tasted coffee ever since.

And guybrush:
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood

*Sparkle*

Edited by - Sparkle on 3/9/00 10:36:20 AM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement