🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

C++Builder Command Line Tools problem..

Started by
17 comments, last by fuzzyai 24 years, 3 months ago
no, sorry.. while i thought i''d have free time, it ended up one guy quit from where i work, and i''ve had to pick up the slack..
Advertisement
When the oppurtunity arises, will you get around to it? Your my only hope of getting this compiler to do Windows OpenGL.
gee no pressure there.. ;-)
i''ve got spring break coming up in a week or so, so i should (hopefully) have time to work on it then. not sure though cause the band i''m in is going to be recording.. why has life suddenly become so busy?
If you''re using Windows 9x then you won''t get it to work. There''s a bug in the linker (or libraries) that only makes Win32 code work properly on NT-like systems. I believe that there are bug reports getting sent in and people in the commandline tools newsgroup are looking into this problem. I felt stupid at first, too. But it''s Borland''s fault, not anything you''re doing wrong. You can try linking against the different versions of the libraries, but I''m not sure if that''ll help or not.
Pauly helped me out on this matter with his website at

http://home.clara.net/paulyg

Roam around and you''ll find a tutorial on setting up Commandline Tools.

I can finally begin learning OpenGL!!!

But I have to study for University... damn, these pretzels are making me thirsty!!!
yeah, that'll work for OGL (using glut32).. but not for Win32 (using import32)..

funny thing though... now, suddenly my windows code compiles perfectly.. same thing i typed a dozen times before to no avail, works perfectly now...
bcc32 -tW first.cpp import32.lib

gotta figure out how to compile resources such as menus now... shouldn't be a problem though..

Edited by - fuzzyai on 3/15/00 3:53:54 PM
Thanks fuzzyai!!!
you have been helpful with this... i don''t know the difference between the OGL and win32, oh well. Is it got something to do with everytime you run the exe file the dos prompt remains?
well thanks again fuzzyai!!!!!!
no problem at all, code.. i can''t see how i really helped you out, but if somehow i did, cool..
i guess the OpenGL code is windows code, i dunno about the technicality, but it uses main() not WinMain(), and it''s got a structure all it''s own..

now i just can''t get the damn resources to work right... any time i try to compile and link seperately, the .exe gives me an invalid page fault.. perhaps that''s what the anon was talking about.. and try as i might, i can''t get brc32 to bind the resources to the .exe...
alright, i found the answer to my resource problem on a newsgroup (borland.public.cppbuilder.commandlinetools)
basically, it's like this (in case it'll help anyone)
bcc32 -c -tWM mine.cpp     [which produces mine.obj]brc32 -r mine.rc     [which produces mine.res]ilink32 -Tpe -aa c0w32.obj mine.obj, mine.exe, , cw32mt.lib import32.lib, , mine.res

Edited by - fuzzyai on 3/16/00 9:48:46 AM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement