🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Abuse of the system.

Started by
0 comments, last by Gromit 24 years, 4 months ago
Every now and then, I check the the recent news on the main page. Alot of the information gathered there is very interesting and sometimes even useful. This is a great feature to the site, and what makes it an even better feature is that ANYONE can post news up there. If you find some late breaking tidbit, post it up there. Now for the sad part. People seem to think that they are more important then they actually are. Ego gets in the way and some people start to post advertisments for thier own websites in the recent news. I am sorry to say this boys and girls but you are not that important. Your new website (which is usually blank) is not late breaking news. You will not be featured on CNN. You will not pass GO! There is a proper forum to post your ads for your site. You can go there from here! Edited by - Gromit on 2/22/00 11:21:16 PM
William Reiach - Human Extrodinaire

Marlene and Me

Advertisement
Actually, all news items must be approved by one of us before being displayed. I''ve personally deleted every post I''ve seen that fits the description you''ve given, but I''m not the only one who checks the news. We try to make sure that any news we post is actually relevant to game developers, unlike most news sites. Anyway, as you''ve said, we strongly encourage all of our members to help out by contributing relevant news, and I''ll talk to the others about being more selective about what''s approved.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement