🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Open Source Encryption.

Started by
4 comments, last by UraniumRod 24 years, 4 months ago
I have recently decideded to create an easy to use encryption class and a soon to be complete companion file stream class. I was just wondering if people would be interested in using it. It comes with its standard encryption algorythms, full documentation, an easy interface, a way to easily integrate your own encryption algorythms, and most importantly its open source.
------------------------------"My sword is like a menacing cloud, but instead of rain, blood will pour in its path." - Sehabeddin, Turkish Military Commander 1438.
Advertisement
what''s the point in having some type of encryption when your code is available for download and can easily be changed to un-encrypt an encrypted file with out a password or key?
Joseph FernaldSoftware EngineerRed Storm Entertainment.------------------------The opinions expressed are that of the person postingand not that of Red Storm Entertainment.
Oh sorry if I forgot to mention that it IS key based. Any string of bits will work fine as a key.
------------------------------"My sword is like a menacing cloud, but instead of rain, blood will pour in its path." - Sehabeddin, Turkish Military Commander 1438.
Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think that it is illegal to release encryption/decryption software in the United States (if you are not from the US, sorry).
---Ranok---
Thanks for the info. I guess I''m glad that I live in Canada Ranok . It might explain the lack of intrest though. Hummm... that makes rise to a question is gamedev.net situated in the US?
Thanks for the info. I guess I'm glad that I live in Canada Ranok . It might explain the lack of intrest though. Hummm... that makes rise to a question is gamedev.net situated in the US?

Opps forgot to put my password in the post above

Edited by - UraniumRod on 2/21/00 5:02:36 PM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement