🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

DVD

Started by
1 comment, last by daBomb 24 years, 4 months ago
This is a call to help. :-) I just got a new computer system. No dvd software decoder was installed yet so I thought no problem I can just install the one that came with my graphics card, except my graphics card cd is scratched (not my fault, it came that way) and it just happens to have corrupted the decoder part (as well as several others I''m sure). Once again, I thought no problem, I can get on the internet and download a decoder. I have not been able to find one. That''s where all of you come in. Does anyone know where I can get a free software decoder or does anyone know how to install and configure the one that comes with windows. If so I would appreciate the help. Thanks.
Advertisement
I don''t know about any free DVD decoders. I suggest you get your scratched CD replaced by the store where you bought it.
Well, you could go write one yourself if you figured out the decryption, but then the Nazi''s at the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) would bribe the police to arrest you for breaking a non-existant law because there was a potential to pirate DVD''s.

A man said to the universe:
"Sir I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My signature, without me, is useless. Without my signature, I am useless.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement