🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

RPG Game Project

Started by
16 comments, last by Sleepwalker 24 years, 4 months ago
No...actually I didn''t...

Do you think it will work even though I do not have any code for it in there ?

Have to try it...

Overlooking the easiest and most abvious way is human, I guess

- Sleepwalker
- Sleepwalker
Advertisement
quote: Do you think it will work even though I do not have any code for it in there ?

You don't need to add code for it to work. The Print Screen key takes whatever is on the screen and places it into the clipboard. From there you can just paste it into your favorite image editor and save it to whatever file format you'd like.

Josh

Edited by - Josh on 2/14/00 10:25:13 AM
Joshhttp://www.jh-software.com
DOHDOHDOH!!!

I feel like the reincarnation of the superlative of stupid...

I tried and made a *wonderful* screenshot

Go check it out. it will be on my page soon, too.

Thanks for your help...
- Sleepwalker

"There are only two things that are infinte:
The universe and human stupidity, and I am not so sure about the first one..."
-A. Einstein
- Sleepwalker
You really should add in 16-Bit color as an option. Even some newer cards dont support 24Bit or 32Bit color (my voodoo3 2000, for example). At the very least you should allow the user to chose whether the game uses 24Bit or 32Bit color.

I have a bit of code which can generate colors for 565 or 555 16Bit color format. I can send it to you if you need it

--TheGoop

Edited by - TheGoop on 2/14/00 3:17:11 PM
Your voodoo 3 2000 doesn''t support 24bpp. Hey, I got a V3 3000 and I think it''s supports up to 32bpp...

Are you sure ?

- Sleepwalker
- Sleepwalker
Straight from 2 horses mouths:
Tom's hardware guide
A 3D-architecture that is limited to only 16 bit, as in case of the Voodoo3 requires a reduction of color information and is thus decreasing the quality and reality level.  

3dfx's voodoo3 faq
As for image quality, we. ve gone to great lengths to make games look great in 16bpp mode. We actually do the rendering calculations internally at 32 bits to have full precision with the 16-bit operands.   

Edited by - Jim_Ross on 2/15/00 10:03:21 AM

Edited by - Jim_Ross on 2/15/00 10:04:25 AM
Yeah...but doesn''t that concern 3dfx/Direct3d/OpenGL mode only?

I KNOW I can set my esolution to 24/32bpp and it looks better than 16bpp....

- Sleepwalker
- Sleepwalker
Okay guys...I put the screeenshot into a gallery section and fixed some bugs on the map prototype (nothing major though)...so you can try it out now...

Thanks again

- Sleepwalker
- Sleepwalker

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement