🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Games on the MAC(newbie)

Started by
5 comments, last by Robaloba 24 years, 4 months ago
I am new to game programming and I will really like to do it o the Macintosh. Does any one knows of a good tutorial for the Mac?. Does it make a big difference if I just start to read books about windows game programming?.
Advertisement
Windows books aren''t going to be much help. Most of them talk about DirectX and Win32 API functions. If you find some good GL books, you could probably use that for Mac programming.

On the other hand the Windows game programming books will at least help with some of the basics, but I suspect they''ll end up being more frustrating than anything else.
To be honest with you, I don't know how much mac game programming information there is out. Maybe if ya check out your nearest(large) book store you might find something.

Either that or check out amazon.com and\or check out some websites...

~Spike

You can contact me at
Luke1Howard@hotmail.com

Edited by - Spike on 2/11/00 6:15:19 AM
~SpikeYou can contact me at luke_howard@dingoblue.net.au
Can''t say from experience but a always heard programming on the Mac is more difficult. Plus there is a lot more literature from the Windows side. I''d go with windows and directx/opengl.
hey, i also program on the mac
if you even need any help my icq number is 36625011
and im always on #gamedev

mac programming is easier than windows programming, from what i hear of windows programming. And there is a book called tricks of the mac game programming gurus at www.computer-books.com for only $25

hmm, apple also has some space on their site dedicated to mac game development.

Once again if you need help, my icq is up there...its always nice to see another mac user
im suprised no one refered you to me.
Hey Robaloba!

Which city are you in Mexico? I''m in Guadalajara and I''d like to have contact with other programers =)

Hablas español??

Laters!
"Old programmers don't die,they just terminate and stay resident."
Hey!,

Thanks for all the feedback and good tips!,

Robaloba

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement