🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Windows Game Programming for Dummies

Started by
13 comments, last by xstreme2000 24 years, 4 months ago
I have "tricks of the gp gurus" and in my opinion it''s a REALLY good book - goes into much detail without boring you.
Additionally that author has a great sense of humour, random quote:
"Ok, let''s get serious again. And let me get this bra of my head."
Maybe it''s not everybodys taste but I liked it.
I bought at your local equivalent of amazon.com (.de).
I bought the American version cause all the terms are in Englisch anyways so why bother mixing two languages up translating stuff. besides I have my experience that Englisch(American) book are mostly better, in part because the language is so easy.
I couldn''t imagine a programming language based upon German. It''d be horrible)

So anyways, even your knowledge of Englisch isn''t as good youu might wanna get it. I really liked and went through it one session (almost).

- Sleepwalker
- Sleepwalker
Advertisement
Hehe, I could imagine a programming language based on german, they''d have all those dots above U''s and such .
Yeäh...right änd the ßhrap s of cöüßre

- Sleepwalker
- Sleepwalker
WGPFD is a good book!
It covers windows programming and DX!
and it is a great beginners book

James Bond
James Bond
I have Tricks of the Windows.. yaddah yaddah.. I think its a great place to start. Im in my second semester of CS 1 at school, (high school mind you), and I could understand what was going on. It gives you lots of knowledge bout some stuff you might have no idea how to do. ( DirectInput etc...)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement