Advertisement

Drawing Skills vs. Computer Skills

Started by December 28, 2001 12:12 AM
11 comments, last by Kandolo 22 years, 8 months ago
You are right!. a MS Intellimouse-usb-optical is a cheap a good choice. Of course, with mid-scroll. It is good for 2d and 3d. In my 3dstudio, have a optical-midscroll mouse is need! (specially for zoom, camera rotation...)

-----------------------------------------------
<marquee></marquee>
"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"
-----------------------------------------------"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"
I found 2D skills to be equally as important. I found myself drawing out some of the games content before I began to build it and I wasn''t one of the conceptual artists. Getting a degree in this feild is great, but I''ve known plenty of people who were picked up by a studio before they even graduated.
Those who can, do. Those who can''t, become critics.
Advertisement
I found 2D skills to be equally as important. I found myself drawing out some of the games content before I began to build it and I wasn''t one of the conceptual artists. Getting a degree in this feild is great, but I''ve known plenty of people who were picked up by a studio before they even graduated. The basic idea is that you can probably teach yourself faster than the instructors can. I tried going back to school after I finished working on Splashdown at Rainbow Studios, but when classes started, I found out that i knew a heck of a lot more than my instructors. The stuff they were teaching was either outdated or just plain wrong. Don''t get me wrong, there are some damn good instructors out there, but for every one good instructor, there are about 3 or 4 bad ones.
Those who can, do. Those who can''t, become critics.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement