🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Parliament

Started by
4 comments, last by Tom Sloper 3 years, 11 months ago

I`m a bit uneducated on this matter please don`t be too harsh with my roughness/rudeness.

It looks like England had a Parliament as early as 1500 - 1600 (since the days of Magna Charta), and not just a gathering made of aristocracy (every nation of the face of the earth has had that since forever), it is had elected members that had power to stand their ground in the face of the monarch. Some point to France to hint democracy but France has had Bonaparte and Bonapartes existence invalidates revolution. Same thing with Germany with Hitler. So although there are many `Republics`, it`s actually a Monarchy that has been (a) `res` `publica` with consistency.

(on a different thread, the popular threads side panel is annoying I hate seeing my name all over that place. What`s important shouldn`t be algorithmically generated but rather moderator established)

My project`s facebook page is “DreamLand Page”

Advertisement

This is a subject that you can google to find out more information.

It isn't a subject that requires discussion.

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂<←The tone posse, ready for action.

fleabay said:

This is a subject that you can google to find out more information.

It isn't a subject that requires discussion.

Well, I'm just gonna asume he's planning on handling that like any other of his lounge threads:

1. Post some random question
  2. Push out some ideological statement that has some minor connection to the original question
  3. Have 10 pages of discussion about how the illuminati run the world
  4. ???
  5. Profit

So please, lets get straigth to it. Tell us, Calin, what do you want to share with us this time?

Juliean said:
Have 10 pages

What`s wrong with talking. You don`t have to pay to post, and people having the discussion aren`t creating a debt/causing a deficit. The thought that a thread with a lot of input is inherently of value is of a twisted mindset. What if some noobs are just hanging out / talking about simple things. There is no need no capitalize on every single post/input made by users, social interaction is free.

After all its the Lounge, a place where we can lay back and discuss about everything as long as we`re keeping it civil.

My project`s facebook page is “DreamLand Page”

This topic is TOO far afield from game development. These threads invariably get very heated and have to get shut down. This one is already overheated, only 4 posts in. Closed.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement