🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

GameDev.net Turns 21 Today. Now legally of age in the US

Started by
8 comments, last by Krohm 3 years, 11 months ago

GameDev.net was launched 21 years ago today. And while in Internet years that's half a millenium, for those of us that have been around it's just another great milestone.

But that also means cheers to GameDev.net ? You can enjoy a cold one, at least in the US.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Advertisement

Nice!
… and it's another item to add to my list of excuses to drink today!

Is currently working on a rpg/roguelike
Dungeons Under Gannar
Devblog

We should make a political party. Since frob has the most likes we should delegate him to run for president.

My project`s facebook page is “DreamLand Page”

I remember when gamedev.net looked like this when I first joined:
waybackmachine

Neometron said:

waybackmachine

Ah yes, that might be my favorite design over the years.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Nice. I'm starting to feel it.

This account joined in Jun 2003.

However, I'm positive I signed up with another email address a few years before that, but I could never remember which address or password it was, so I could never recover my “older status” account, at the time.

Oh, well – still going strong, still gamedev.net :-D

enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };

Happy birthday, GD.net! ?

khawk said:

Neometron said:

waybackmachine

Ah yes, that might be my favorite design over the years.

I remember playing around with the NeHe tutorials for months before fleshing out something myself. VB6 and DX7 IIRC…

E: I think I like this design the best, though. Or somehow the experience was just better overall.

Hey hello!

Would you believe I planned to celebrate the 20 years… one year ago? What a year!

Anyway, I guess 21 is more meaningful.

In honor of the great times I've activated a PRO account. I doubt I'll use it but for the price being ad-less is just ok to me. ?

Previously "Krohm"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement