🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Question for Game design University Students

Started by
0 comments, last by BHXSpecter 7 years, 1 month ago

Hi guys, just wondering if your university decided to give you guys (a chosen group of 5 people) incentives around $6000 just to develop a simple game app for the University like Flappy bird during your school term, would you guys do it? You would be included in the app credits. If so, how many months do you think you guys would require?

Advertisement

No. Firstly, I can't imagine a university paying $6k for a simplistic game like Flappy. Secondly, some universities require you to do a degree mid-point full game project and a final (senior) full game project which per the agreements you fill out during registration allows the universities to use your work as examples for the degree, courses,etc. So you are paying them and giving them examples to use making it even more unlikely that they would pay money to have a team make a game to help promote them. So they have an endless supply of games from all the previous students that have finished their degree. For example, DeVry has my Global Destruction Torque Game Builder game and my teams FPS using Torque Game Engine Advance.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement