🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Poor Visuals, but great game...

Started by
10 comments, last by cowsarenotevil 7 years, 3 months ago

It's a game that screenshots do not do justice to.

It's distinctive and memorable and definitely more...

I think my case with Undertale was actually a prime example of "Judging by the cover" instead :(.
For the op: sry, for misinforming.

I'm making a game and visually it looks like... junk.

We should try it first, at least share some footage, maybe you are underestimating its appeal.

Blog | Overburdened | KREEP | Memorynth | @blindmessiah777 Magic Item Tech+30% Enhanced GameDev

Advertisement

It's a game that screenshots do not do justice to.

It's distinctive and memorable and definitely more...

I think my case with Undertale was actually a prime example of "Judging by the cover" instead :(.
For the op: sry, for misinforming.

Well, I actually still think it's a pretty good example, since the game certainly doesn't rely on the visuals, at least not as a hook. I think you're right that people who first pick it up will be confused, at best, by what the game looks like, and only keep going because of the other aspects of the game.

Also Slender: The Eight Pages seems like a reasonable example, although I suppose depending on how you define gameplay, I think you could make a case that it's effective in spite of having bad visuals, bad gameplay, and no story.

-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement