🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

How much shadow would Russia's hack cast on Trump's presidency?

Started by
71 comments, last by warhound 7 years, 6 months ago
... I'm thinking they're just that desperate for a Trump scandal that sticks.

"A Trump scandal that sticks" is a no-show,

He survived the disabled mimicking scandal, he survived encouraging a Hillary hack, he survived the Khan family onslaught, he survived the "pussy grabbing" onslaught ... to become the President-elect

After all these , whoever believed a scandal would stick on Trump for any meaningful effect is in coo-coo land

can't help being grumpy...

Just need to let some steam out, so my head doesn't explode...

Advertisement

https://vid.me/1e7n

Trump's finally calling out CNN, and dismissing them as fake news. Good stuff.

Honestly, no one cares if it is 'fake news' or not... most of the world is laughing at him and your future president is considered a joke who has sold out to business, right wing and religious nutjobs and will likely cause a rain of bullshit on your country.

If that 'story' had broken about Obama chances are no one would have believed it because it was so out of character - it broke for this Fuck Weasel and everyone was happy to believe it because it feels like the kind of thing he would do; his denial/hissy fit on twitter just served to increase the amusement of people at his expense. Frankly he has lied about so much, so often, he could tell everyone the sky is blue and no one would believe it.

He is, and will remain, a joke - a joke which is likely to fuck the poor, stupid and vulnerable in the USA but you've already shown you don't give a shit about them so I don't expect this to matter to you one bit :)

My only hope is that someone, somewhere, stops him causing a war because someone said something nasty about him... but I'm not holding out my hopes there either because no one has been able to control the man child so far...

https://vid.me/1e7n

Trump's finally calling out CNN, and dismissing them as fake news. Good stuff.

Yea yea typical Trump media's rigged bullshit. Don't worry. I'm sure you'll be getting Trump approved news spoon fed to you soon. Good stuff.

Honestly, no one cares if it is 'fake news' or not... most of the world is laughing at him and your future president is considered a joke who has sold out to business, right wing and religious nutjobs and will likely cause a rain of bullshit on your country.

If that 'story' had broken about Obama chances are no one would have believed it because it was so out of character - it broke for this Fuck Weasel and everyone was happy to believe it because it feels like the kind of thing he would do; his denial/hissy fit on twitter just served to increase the amusement of people at his expense. Frankly he has lied about so much, so often, he could tell everyone the sky is blue and no one would believe it.

He is, and will remain, a joke - a joke which is likely to fuck the poor, stupid and vulnerable in the USA but you've already shown you don't give a shit about them so I don't expect this to matter to you one bit :)

My only hope is that someone, somewhere, stops him causing a war because someone said something nasty about him... but I'm not holding out my hopes there either because no one has been able to control the man child so far...

Yea pretty much this really.

... I'm thinking they're just that desperate for a Trump scandal that sticks.

"A Trump scandal that sticks" is a no-show,

He survived the disabled mimicking scandal, he survived encouraging a Hillary hack, he survived the Khan family onslaught, he survived the "pussy grabbing" onslaught ... to become the President-elect

After all these , whoever believed a scandal would stick on Trump for any meaningful effect is in coo-coo land

I've never really understood why people seriously believe that "the media is just trying to spin stuff about him" when you have all of this stuff that actually happened and had no effect. It makes the mind boggle just how far the cognitive gap has become. I've given up on trying to reason with the unreasonable.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Is it even useful to talk about this? I'm not even saying that Trump looks like a grass eater hippie if compared to Obama... nothing will change. Even Charles Manson looks sane in this context, even though some argue that this was always been that way. Maybe trump reincarnates Hitler, maybe even he is Hitler, but he wouldn't make a bad dictator either, maybe he would reensamble a peaceful dictator.

He is, and will remain, a joke - a joke which is likely to fuck the poor, stupid and vulnerable in the USA but you've already shown you don't give a shit about them so I don't expect this to matter to you one bit

Most of the world has been wrong on Trump's performance since even before he entered the election. Why would I start caring about their predictions now?

If the world thinks we're a joke as a result, so be it.

Don't worry. I'm sure you'll be getting Trump approved news spoon fed to you soon. Good stuff.

That would be even worse than what we have now. A lot of this frustration with the media comes from the fact that we don't really have a truly non-biased news source. It could be because advertisers wouldn't have a good profile to sell to, so it's not a profitable idea, or it could be due to corruption, no one can say for sure. But it sucks that our news is always going to come out through a skewed lens one way or the other.

He is, and will remain, a joke - a joke which is likely to fuck the poor, stupid and vulnerable in the USA but you've already shown you don't give a shit about them so I don't expect this to matter to you one bit

Most of the world has been wrong on Trump's performance since even before he entered the election. Why would I start caring about their predictions now?

No, people weren't wrong about Trump's performance; they were given misleading data which gave off a different impression to what was happening - simply social pressure can explain the outcome. (Although he still lost the popular vote, despite him inventing the fact he won it, so there is a degree of truth in the poll results for him losing, not that it matters).

As to what is going to happen; take a look at the spunk guzzlers he has put in to key positions and then general 'fuck everyone who isn't a rich white dude' position the GOP tends to default to and it's not hard to figure out the direction things will go - gay rights will begin to erode, health care will be hit (likely causing out breaks in less well off areas), trans people will continue to suffer, coal will make a come back (resulting in a CO2 rise world wide imo, with the USA causing the majority of it), oil drilling will start in more and more protected areas (at a guess at most 2 years from now the USA and Russia will begin arctic oil extraction because 'fuck the environment; money yo!') and probably more fuckery which I care not to speculate on; that shit is just low hanging fruit.

And it's not about the 'rest of the world' I said you didn't care - it's the people in your own country... but as they aren't rich and white we already know you don't give a fuck; I'm sure you'll sleep soundly as people are victimised for nothing more than the crime of existing :)

PS;
Your future president is a joke of a human :D

20 million people are about to lose their healthcare and some of them are too stupid to realise it.

Meanwhile, Trump wants to "repeal and replace" the ACA "within hours". Seriously, does the fucking idiot even understand how government works?

More pertinently, this speaks to the anti-intellectual culture that is dragging the US (and by extension the rest of the western world) down.

The strongest drawcard in US politics recently has been the "outsider candidate".

"Elect me! I'm not a politician!"

Now, it's absolutely true that your political class have largely brought this on themselves with lobbying, etc, but it boggles my mind that you would willingly appoint someone to the highest office in the land who brags about his lack of experience.

Imagine walking into Activision and applying for the job of directing the next Call of Duty.

"What experience do you have?"

"I've played heaps of COD.... I know the system"

"Yeah, but have you ever made a game"

"No, that's why I'm the perfect person to fix your shitty games"

"Please get the fuck out of our offices"

It's telling that the word "expert" has become a pejorative, and it's not just a right wing issue either. You have dumb arses on the right ridiculing experts on accepted science like climate change and evolution and dumb arses on the left ridiculing experts on issues like vaccines and GMO.

Again, (as Brexit showed us) this is not even unique to the US.

if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight
The Right Wing media has done it's job well, gotta give them credit for that...

Probably fucked the planet and the human species in the process, but, ya know, they'll make a bit of money I guess?

(For reference when I say 'right wing' I am referring to UK/European 'right' which still tends to be pretty left by US standards...)

Maybe the white male blaming of pretty much everything gave Trump some votes.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement