🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

That old dos game

Started by
6 comments, last by Bow_vernon 7 years, 6 months ago
Hi people. I've lost sleep over that old dos games that I still can't remember. It was an old adventure game like zelda, but the protagonist was a young indian, like disney Hiawata. The first weapon was bow and arrow, and the enemies were like wild animals and such. Do you know its name? I've been googling with no luck. Even seeing the old dos games compilation on youtube didn't help.
Advertisement

That's a bit thin...

Played a number of zelda-likes, and it doesn't ring a bell, despite having played tons of dos games.

Any other item you can remember that might spark an idea?

That's a bit thin...
Played a number of zelda-likes, and it doesn't ring a bell, despite having played tons of dos games.
Any other item you can remember that might spark an idea?

Ahh sadly that's all I remember.you started at plain meadow, so green. Also the indian boy wore a bird feather in the back of his head. The art style is like zelda (cute/chibi). All I can say is the protagonist pretty much looks like disney's Hiawatha

Do you remember what kind of graphics it had? CGA, EGA, VGA?

Do you remember what kind of graphics it had? CGA, EGA, VGA?

I believe it was vga, cause it uses 256 colors and was smooth enough to me.

Was it topview like zelda?

It was an old adventure game like zelda, but the protagonist was a young indian, like disney Hiawata.

are you sure it was originally a dos game and not a port from some other platform, like amiga or something? it doesn't sound like your typical dos first game from the VGA era. more like a port. as i recall, mode13H was the big deal about VGA 320x200x256 palletized colors. combined with a 386, and you could write a raycaster like doom in a couple of man years or so.

Norm Barrows

Rockland Software Productions

"Building PC games since 1989"

rocklandsoftware.net

PLAY CAVEMAN NOW!

http://rocklandsoftware.net/beta.php

Was it topview like zelda?

Yes it was topview like zelda

It was an old adventure game like zelda, but the protagonist was a young indian, like disney Hiawata.

are you sure it was originally a dos game and not a port from some other platform, like amiga or something? it doesn't sound like your typical dos first game from the VGA era. more like a port. as i recall, mode13H was the big deal about VGA 320x200x256 palletized colors. combined with a 386, and you could write a raycaster like doom in a couple of man years or so.
Now this is what I suspect. I've searched thru the dos games list @ dosgamesarchive.com which provides screenshot, and I didn't find it there. Now I think it might be port from amiga. Gonna search again!

EDIT: FOUND IT!! turns out it was originally released for amiga and sega cd. The game title was "Legends". Here's the detail of the game: http://www.lemonamiga.com/games/details.php?id=1767

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement