🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

PlayStation 4/Xbox One Regional Considerations

Started by
0 comments, last by Hodgman 7 years, 6 months ago
I’m supposed to send signed copies of Final Fantasy XV to family as Christmas gifts.
I have read that these consoles are not region-locked, but you may need to change your region to play a game from said region.
Anyone have experience with a game from the UK being played on a North American PlayStation 4 or Xbox One? It would be a pain for my relatives if they have to switch regions in their settings to play.

L. Spiro

I restore Nintendo 64 video-game OST’s into HD! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCtX_wedtZ5BoyQBXEhnVZw/playlists?view=1&sort=lad&flow=grid

Advertisement

PS3/Xb360 had optional region locking on disks, depending on the choice of the developer/publisher.

PS4 downloads can be region locked, depending on the choice of the developer/publisher, but disks are not.

Xbone disks are region locked between two regions: China & Everywhere That Isn't China (so UK<->USA will be fine).

But no, I've not played an imported game myself :o

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement