🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Battlefield One

Started by
12 comments, last by yps_sps 7 years, 8 months ago

So has anyone picked up Battlefield One? I just got it and haven't played much of it, but I was really hoping for a Bad Company 2 style destruction/level design at least in the online. What have folks here thought of it so far?

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Advertisement

I like it so far, but the in game UI is increadibly laggy(at least on console). No idea why this wasn't addressed before release, it's pretty glaring issue.

Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

I have not yet but I am huge fan of the series.

Some of things I would like to know:

How is the hit detection?

When is the first DLC expected? (as i dont want to shell out for them the game basically dies when you cant go on any servers that have them)

Are the weapons/vehicles balanced?

Are the wide open maps popular or is it just a spam fest mostly (bf4 turned into such a spam fest)?

When is the first DLC expected? (as i dont want to shell out for them the game basically dies when you cant go on any servers that have them)

Part of me is super hyped for BF1 as dice make really good games (and extra hype as it reminds me so much of their original game with blimps and biplanes...) but I'm really burned by EA's FPS DLC model. AAA games cost enough to begin with, without being coerced into paying for it three times over, having the player-base segregated, and not being able to play the new maps because your gaming buddies can't afford to buy the game a second/third time...

It feels incomplete... Not sure why, and maybe DLC will make it feel better, but it just doesn't give me the same level of satisfaction Battlefield 3 did.

Part of me is super hyped for BF1 as dice make really good games (and extra hype as it reminds me so much of their original game with blimps and biplanes...) but I'm really burned by EA's FPS DLC model. AAA games cost enough to begin with, without being coerced into paying for it three times over, having the player-base segregated, and not being able to play the new maps because your gaming buddies can't afford to buy the game a second/third time...

My thoughts exactly, their pricing is disgusting.

Some of things I would like to know:

How is the hit detection?

Pretty solid so far, the blimp when crashed has some weird invisible hitbox, but everything else is pretty good. I imagine the blimp thing well be patched in time.

The first dlc is listed to come out in march.

Are the weapons/vehicles balanced?

Weapons seem pretty decent. They took out most weapon customization in favor of buying different models of a gun with different attachments, most guns seem to have about 4 variants to them. MLG's seem to be a bit underpowered, but ive read thats only the first mlg, and i havent played much support to bother unlocking the other ones.

Tanks are pretty OP atm, assault class(and maybe support) can stock themselves with a fair bit of anti tank, but even so it takes a good but to kill then.

Airplanes seem pretty well balanced, you have 3 options: attack plane, bomber, and fighter. Attack plane can play the role of both bomber and fighter, with 1 extra seat for a rear gunner. Bomber has 2 gunner seats, bht low health so its pretty easy to down imo. And fighter has obly 1 seat. Each has a few different loadouts to be pure fighter or anti-infratry/anti-tank loadouts. I personally prefer using the attack plane atm.

Are the wide open maps popular or is it just a spam fest mostly (bf4 turned into such a spam fest)?

Not sure what you mean by spam fest. On 32v32 games i notice alot of sideswiping and snipers. I prefer to play the 20v20 matches as its a bit less chaotic and i dont feel like im dying constantly. Maps are definitly a good size though.
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.
My only question is will it's sequel be called battlefield 2?

What is it recently with the games and IT industry in general and their inability to count?

Xbox 1...360...1 :)
Windows 7...8..... 10 :)
Battlefield 1...2...3..4....1 :)

*sigh*

You're forgetting the battlefield series numbering. It didn't start at "Battlefield 1", it was "Battlefield 1942"

Vietnam

Bad Company

Bad Company 2 (Which also had a Vietnam title, but as an expansion)

Plus a few other sort of minor titles in there for good mix.

Remember kids, counting is apparently hard.

Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.

So I've played some more of it, and imho it doesn't seem to be a huge deal yet at least. I really enjoyed Bad Company 2 (that was definitely my favorite so far) and while it seems to be a step up from Battlefield 4 and the disaster that was Hardline, it doesn't just have that vibe for me yet. I'll give it much more time of course, but at least right now, I'm a little tempted to switch back to focusing on Dark Souls 3 (what I was playing before this haha)

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement