🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

An epiphany!

Started by
0 comments, last by Faz87 7 years, 9 months ago

I've been spending my sick days watching speedruns of my favorite games. After a while I came across this little gem - a no damage run of the entire game of Half-Life:

Which is in many ways much more impressive than this segmented run done in half the time:

And then I though: man, wouldn't it be cool if there was a movie about this. And then... Then I remembered this - basically a segmented no-damage run in and of itself:

[spoiler]

Of course the idea is far from new what with films like Groundhog Day and Primer out there, but still...

[/spoiler]

#mindblown

Advertisement

I had this funny thought that someone could make a youtube movie representing a speedrun of a game, but the "game" is actually acted out by real people and the movie was edited in such a way that cutscenes were skipped and such. It wouldn't have to be a replica of an actual game though, maybe even a spin off perhaps.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement