🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Back from the dead, Wanna talk game?

Started by
0 comments, last by gregsometimes 7 years, 10 months ago

It's been....I'm going to say around a year, since I've peeked on here. Forever since I actually posted a topic.

So, for those who remember me: Yay! I'm back!

For those who know of nothing of me: Hi!

A little backstory: For ages, and I mean ages, I've been wanting to make a game, a space game more specifically, and for the most part I've done some little tech demos, nothing too much to show off. This has all changed.

For the last two months I've been working on a little something, that doesn't have a name yet, and it's at the stage to show it's little face.

8tyihhw.png?1

The Plan: A space building game ^_^

Yes, I know, it's only one single wall/floor type with textures, I was a bit busy coding everything behind the scenes to make sure this little piece works :P

I've been posting on Twitter and my own personal blog about the progression of this 'game' (it will be a game! Just right now it's lacking the primary gameplay elements, though my nephew thinks it's fun, even though it's just one panel!). Despite what most experienced people will tell me, I have created this from as low as I could go, taking the few shortcuts here and there. This is pure SDL + OpenGL + my code, cusses, and occasional wanna-throw-my-computer. This game primary purpose is to be a fun learning exercise, and also to make a game that satisfies my deepest desire of having a specific space building game that's also more than that!

So. If you read this far, congrats, if you just skipped to the bottom, then you suck :P but here's the summary:

I made a prototype! I've learned from past mistakes! Questions? Comments? Anything nice? Cookies would be nice :rolleyes:

Jack of all trades

Master of none

Advertisement

Haha, I saw the thread and wanted to invite you to our group. But then I thought... wait, this is the Night Lone!

I know it's still early stage, but if you're interested I can playthrough the level.

This is the only screenshot I have seen so far... are there others?

Discord GameDev Chat 38+ members | Skype GameDev chat group 235+ members

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement