🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

To Hot To Code...

Started by
6 comments, last by JTippetts 7 years, 11 months ago

To hot to code today. Nine in the evening and still 25ºC (77ºF i think). Only option left is to drink water and read blogs about game development. If you have any cool <_< blogs link them here so i have something to read until i pass out -_- .

@spinningcubes | Blog: Spinningcubes.com | Gamedev notes: GameDev Pensieve | Spinningcubes on Youtube

Advertisement

From glancing at your blog i will say that Quake had 2 expansion packs. Not a blog but...

You don't have air conditioning?

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂<←The tone posse, ready for action.

No air conditioning :(. Playing Descent right now, see if i go for Quake 2 next :D.

@spinningcubes | Blog: Spinningcubes.com | Gamedev notes: GameDev Pensieve | Spinningcubes on Youtube

Sorry 'bout the lack of AC. :(

I've had a few days like that in California (I never had AC in Cali).

Now, in Missouri, I have AC, but it has gotten higher than 100ºF probably 10 days in the last month (highest I saw was 106ºF). We keep the AC at ~75ºF to not waste electricity.

I hate AC treated air but alas "natural air" flow isn't an option for everywhere if even wind is hot :/

Still a fan (even a small USB one) might help much.

mostates by moson?e | Embrace your burden

No more hot days if you make this.

You can make it smaller.

I don't own air condition, but this year was getting hot I purchased myself a KHIND portable air cooler. Its something like this.

http://www.edgestar.com/EAC421-Edgestar-High-Velocity-Portable-Evaporative-Air-Cooler/EAC421,default,pd.html

I remember once when I was still living in phoenix. Power line from the alley went bad, I was pulling about 60 volts at the mains. Just enough juice to run a desk fan and charge my old shifty laptop. For three nights, it was too hot to sleep. No AC, 40C in the house, nothing good on tv. Nothing to do BUT code until the power guy could make it.

Good times.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement