🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Trafic And Activity To The Forums Are Lower?

Started by
23 comments, last by GeneralJist 7 years, 8 months ago

Hello,

Recently I noticed there seems to be many sections for the forums with old topics that are resurrected, or just fewer new topics. Seeing primaraly the old active users.

Am I just noticing this, because I'm semi active, or is this actually a thing?

It seems there are lot topics being discussed that are at least 10 days old, seeing fewer new topics.

What yall think?

Is this an accurate observation?

Our company homepage:

https://honorgames.co/

My New Book!:

https://booklocker.com/books/13011.html

Advertisement

Forum activity goes up and down in big cycles. Much of it corresponds to the time in the school year or seasonal holidays.

Right now most of the regular users are in the middle of their summer break, taking summer vacations. They may also be taking less time here and more time on pokemon, or otherwise away from keyboard.

One peak season tends to be around August and September, and another peak in March and April.

I escaped....he is lying! Truth is frob has us all locked in a warehouse! He only lets us near computers in August, September, March, and April! Oh no...he's coming!

Obviously I'm joking!

What happened to chat? I noticed there were always less than 4 people and have not visited in awhile. Now when i check i get

"The IP.Chat room limit has been reached. You will not be able to join the chat room until some users first leave."

even though it looks like nobody is there from the front page counter.

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂<←The tone posse, ready for action.

What happened to chat? I noticed there were always less than 4 people and have not visited in awhile. Now when i check i get

"The IP.Chat room limit has been reached. You will not be able to join the chat room until some users first leave."

GDNet chat License has expired, and from what I heard Kevin (@Khawk) is not interested be renewing.

But that's good because its the discord app now. Which is a much much more exciting and richer with many channels

can't help being grumpy...

Just need to let some steam out, so my head doesn't explode...

It's always slower in the summer.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

For now we've set up a discord chat room while the management figures out what they want to do with chat in the long term. As mentioned above, discord is much better than the old chat room anyway!
Here's the invite link: https://discord.gg/012hCxxdaFBl2U81j

Ever since we made this change, the chat seems more active too - probably because as well as using it via a Web page you can also choose to install a native client that sits in your system tray and makes it easy to always be connected.

Should we have a banner up top saying where the chat’s been moved to?

I had discord for a while, but since it was slated as a gamer text/voice chat program I never thought of it as a way for gamedevs to communicate. I used IRC for that for a long time.

Were using discord at work...I noticed sometimes I can hear some mattes voice even if I have my phone icon muted...Makes me feel that it might also make me hearable even with my mic muted too.. I dont trust that thing

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement