Advertisement

The first video game enemy you ever murder.

Started by April 02, 2016 05:39 AM
26 comments, last by Norman Barrows 8 years, 4 months ago
Probably a Pac-Man ghost on an old Atari 2600. Or MAYBE the enemy ship in Spacewar for DOS.

An alien from Space Invaders.
I still know where it was, how it looked, and what I wanted to do with my life.

Advertisement

Do you remember your first?

I don't remember for sure, but probably this guy:

Though that's on level 5, so I guess one of these guys would get 'first kill':

I'm willing to bet that every member on this site have a video game body count of at least over 1000.

By this point, I'm sure I have over 1000 human player kills in online multiplayer games, and I'm not even a heavy FPS gamer.

I wouldn't be surprised if my in-game computer kill count was over 100,000 by now - about 7 centi-hitlers, unless I butchered the conversion.

Someone should make a site that calculates average body count/hour of different games (User submitted scores), then crawls over your steam games list/hours played to get a rough estimate.

is nobody going to admit to their first game creature kill being themselves, e.g. falling down a hole in mario, or running into the first koopa? :lol:

Combat on Atari, Pac Man on Atari, or Circus Atari, Asteroid (does destroying asteroids count?) (yeah, my first system was the Atari 2600 when I was 5 yrs old).

Advertisement

I have played some games before, but really remembering the first enemy that killed me was the first Goomba coming up in Super Mario Brothers World 1-1! Hands down, I can't be the only one! :ph34r:

Eageron® is an independent developer- and publisher of mobile games and applications.

With one of those light sensing guns, that little white square in the Skeet Shooting game from the era of Pong console systems, maybe when I was 3 or 4.

Or one of the ghosts on the original Pac-Man arcade game when I was 5. Probably Inky because I remember my aunt insisted that I needed to "get a blue one now". I had no idea what was going on but it was fun.

I won't count my own player deaths as they were unintentional.

Murder?? It was self-defense!

Well, at least until I played God of War... yeah, that was murder :p

if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight

It was a long time ago now, so I don't remember what order we got the games in, but I know the first two games I ever played were Munch Man and Parsec. So it would have been the the bad guys in one of those.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement