🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

I just survived A Pit bull attack. man this town sux big time.

Started by
64 comments, last by ronan.thibaudau 8 years, 3 months ago

Well lucky I had done muay thai in the past, Because this pit bull came running and jumping at me and the only thing I could do was to do a shin block to defend the attack, and the thing that saved me was lucky for me I had a Ice coffee(a milk coffee drink in Australia)that I was throwing over its head, if I not had that it would of killed me. Its jaw pressure on my shin was huge, I did sustain injury bite mark. The owner new I was coming around and they where in eye shot of me when coming through the gate, they asked me to come around, that don't quit sound like a accident hey.

I would off ripped my arm off if it got my wrist. so if a dog is attacking you block it with you shin and keep hands away from its mouth.

One reason I now need a weapon.

Am I allowed to post graphic leg injury image.

Then today I went to the doctor to get a tetanus shot only to find out they have none, until you say who am I going to sue if I get tetanus.

because the doctor gave me a script to take to the chemist, after showing my leg to the chemist she said lets go back to the doctor and then there was a shot, shot of some thing lol.

Advertisement
Well, there is always the single player campaign.

Well, there is always the single player campaign.

I've heard the difficulty level is ridiculously hard.

Oh and spoiler alert, you die at the end...

I don't know of any legally carried weapon that would help you against a pitbull in Australia. Pepper spray maybe?

Not being friends with bogans and ice junkies who own viscous pitbulls is a pretty good weapon. Works for me every time. But I know things are a bit tougher in the South there...

It seems to have scrambled your brain a bit, did you write that while in shock?

I don't know of any legally carried weapon that would help you against a pitbull in Australia. Pepper spray maybe?

Perfectly legal. Works for kettle, works for dogs. Probably works for crocodiles, too. Or dinosaurs.

mace. pepper spray, cattle prod, tazer, semi-automatic, full-automatic, hollow points, discarding sabot rounds, tac nuke rounds - all depends on how medieval you want to get - and be sure to check local restrictions!

actually, not entering the dog's territory when they are not restrained will do wonders.

There have been four pitbulls living on my street over the last 7 years or so. Three i know /knew and could actually go up and pet like a regular dog - even when the owner wasn't there. the fourth i don't know and would never approach.

i think the breed tend to get a bad rep for 3 reasons:

1. most folks raise them as guard dogs, not pets. so they end up with the temperment of a Nazi German Shepard or a Doberman Pincher junkyard dog. this is the primary reason. i've seen rotweilers and pitbulls who had the natural temperment to become a "they were the BEST dog" type of dog. its (almost) all in the upbringing.

2. they are very territorial. if you approach and they don't know you well, there's going to be trouble. in Caveman 3.0 terms they exhibit "stand your ground" AI behavior.

3. on a strength per pound basis they are absolute tanks. so any attack is potentially very serious.

Norm Barrows

Rockland Software Productions

"Building PC games since 1989"

rocklandsoftware.net

PLAY CAVEMAN NOW!

http://rocklandsoftware.net/beta.php

The whole thing seems odd.

Because this pit bull came running and jumping at me and the only thing I could do was to do a shin block to defend the attack ... I would off ripped my arm off if it got my wrist. so if a dog is attacking you block it with you shin and keep hands away from its mouth.

Not sure how you did all that thinking in the instant the dog was running up to you. Seems like a lot of thinking.

My guess it was more along the lines of: "Big dog! Stay back! <Kick>"

the thing that saved me was lucky for me I had a Ice coffee(a milk coffee drink in Australia)that I was throwing over its head, if I not had that it would of killed me

I don't follow that logic. I imagine a small drink as useless. He probably wouldn't notice anything. Unless you had a big container, say 20 L, the drink won't do anything more than mildly annoy the dog. And if you had a 20 L container you could have used it to start bashing the dog, which would probably only cause it to bite harder.

Really? How frequently are you attacked?

Of that is one reason, are there other reasons you need a weapon that weren't part of the story? Like you were planning on going skeet shooting next week?

A better response would be to talk to police officers along with your photos and doctor bills. If the person doesn't immediately agree to pay all the medical bills and other costs you incur, then you start considering legal action. Weapon-buying usually isn't a step in that process.

Then today I went to the doctor to get a tetanus shot

Ah, the infamous rusty dog tooth.

If you were due for a tetanus booster shot (or you don't have records of them) that is a good reason by itself. It is more likely you were due for one of those and they happened to have you in the office, so it was a great time to give you the shot. It takes several weeks for the vaccine to take effect, so it is good for your next puncture, not this one.

the doctor gave me a script to take to the chemist, after showing my leg to the chemist she said lets go back to the doctor and then there was a shot, shot of some thing

Most people figure out what it is they are being injected with, and if it was an immunization, people keep immunization records.

I'd suggest you figure out what those injections were, figure out what the prescriptions are for, and what the charges are going to be so you can get them to the dog owner, along with the police reports of the event.

Not sure how you did all that thinking in the instant the dog was running up to you. Seems like a lot of thinking.

Part of the point of martial arts training is to condition your muscle memory to give reasonable responses to particular attacks without you having to think about it too hard. This becomes especially noticeable if you've ever done any kind of sparring, where things tend to happen so fast that you don't have time to think - your opponent throws a punch and you block it without conscious effort. It's not like you have time to sit there and think "okay, he's coming at me with a roundhouse kick, I should do a side block and then lunge." It all just sort of happens.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement