Advertisement

Starting a Game Jam

Started by January 21, 2016 03:04 AM
2 comments, last by MichaelKocha 8 years, 7 months ago

Hey everyone!

My name is Brandon and I live in a place where not much goes on. So when jams roll around any meet up is a few hours away. The upcoming Global Game Jam not single meetup is in my state. Not that I could participate anyways because I work all weekend, but I really want to get a jam going. Meet up with people make some games and have fun!

So I live in Kansas and was hoping to perhaps set one up in Kansas City or maybe more central Kansas. Just somewhere in Kansas. If anyone would be down for this? Let me know if you live around here and would like to participate or if you would be down to drive for a jam.

I haven't planned anything out. First I want to see if this gets a few people interested before I plan anything. So what days we would do, how long it would be, rules etc are not figured out yet. If interested at all just let me know maybe put some ideas down or what days would work for you.

Let me know!

Better to do an online jam bro. Imagine living in a country like mine where the only hyped up tech is Facebook dry.png

//Dre Reid\\

Advertisement

Better to do an online jam bro. Imagine living in a country like mine where the only hyped up tech is Facebook dry.png

I'm with Jaan, I've had a lot of fun partaking into the yearly Week of Awesome competition hosted here.

I'm assuming it will run again this year in August, if you're willing to join.

Participants have taken it upon themselves to bring a certain level of interactivity to it as well (Twitch, vlogs, etc.)

Hey!

So I'm always looking for game jams to participate in. I'm just outside of Phoenix Arizona, but I'm a stay at home dad and a full time online student, so I have no time to attend an "IRL" game jam.

If you're looking to set up an online jam, you can go to Game Jolt and submit a new game jam. Or you can find one on that list to participate in.

I only have 2 friends who have ever been interested in game development and over the years they've really lost their motivation (and I've kind of left them in the dust as far as skill goes) so whenever I do propose a game jam it ends up being me teaching them the basics of the engine (over and over again) or pixel art the whole time and we never finish. So making a lot of friends, online and off, really helps so you can easily set up teams or meetups to jam.

And that leads me to offering you my facebook and Hangout info so you can add me and invite me to your game jam events in the future! Ha ha. So yeah, add me on FB or Google Hangouts (Michael Kocha) and let's be friends!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement