🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

final note

Started by
6 comments, last by frob 8 years, 7 months ago

also i would like to call the attention for the distortion it happens when something inconvenient is said, people with power are very abusive, they can and will use their power to silence any kind of question their methods may raise, just turning important and serious matters to dust. those people should be in jail.

Advertisement

Inconvenient, or in(s)ane?

Maybe you're finding yourself banned from many different forums and chat rooms across the internet not because of your ideas, but because of how you choose to communicate and interact with other people? Perhaps you could learn from your actions? Has this been a problem for you in your life outside of online gaming?

Many regular ("non-powerful") members of this board are reporting you as a troll account -- someone who's deliberately trying to annoy people by communicating badly and improperly. If you really are not trying to troll us, then you really have to sit down and think about what you're doing wrong such that everything thinks that you're deliberately trying to annoy them. Why is it that everyone thinks that you're not being serious?

That's something only you can address. It's no one else's problem.

It's always the disruptive types who are the first to cry "censorship!" when mods step in. @OP: you're saying or doing nothing new here; we've seen it all before many times, and will no doubt see it again many times more.

Direct3D has need of instancing, but we do not. We have plenty of glVertexAttrib calls.

On the off-chance that you are not actually a troll, I'd like to add one more thing. You appear to have a really distorted view of the gaming ecosystem. The things you tried to make a big deal out of in that other thread are completely non-issues in everything I play or like to dabble in for development. I don't doubt there are corners (especially when looking at the free-to-play scourge) where it's relevant but it's not something general. That habit of overgeneralizing your own personal experience in a very limited corner is something I have noticed from your first thread here.

Reading "(On a) final note" followed by "Also I would like to call the attention for the distortion...", I wondered whether there is a page 1 to this thread, and I accidentially jumped onto page 2 or 3. Or something.

It's immensely helpful when readers know what you are talking about. This here? http://www.gamedev.net/topic/673841-hello-developers/

I mean... His new thread is about EULA's being "corrupt spying", so there's at least something new in it. I mean, I don't agree, but at least he tried to postulate a new problem.

I don't think you're being singled out based on your ideas. Games that rely on a real money market are viable, and have a pretty unfulflled niche. Your issue is when you throw the discussion towards absolutes like "all developers could reach an agreement where nobody builds any more game using a economic model business unless its real cash economy.". That just throws any change of a decent discussion into the garbage.

Besides, most games have a real cash economy if you're willing to use third party sites. I just sold my blade and soul closed beta key. Some gold sellers are already selling gold for the game.

I mean... His new thread is about EULA's being "corrupt spying", so there's at least something new in it. I mean, I don't agree, but at least he tried to postulate a new problem.

Technically, that is even a valid concern.

But it so happens that this "spying" is necessary because a significant part of gamers are cheating in the first place, which affects the honest players experience and is directly destroying revenue. So... not really much of a way around that spying. A necessary evil.
Much opposed to e.g. Windows 10 which comes with a very similar EULA, but has no real justification for it (and which is a de-facto monopoly, so unlike a game where you can just choose not to play it, you hardly have a choice).

also i would like to call the attention for the distortion it happens when something inconvenient is said,

Attention called.

people with power are very abusive,

Yep.

they can and will use their power to silence any kind of question their methods may raise,

Indeed.

just turning important and serious matters to dust.

Ruining the economy :(

those people should be in jail.

Well that's dumb, that would just make you the new them...

Either way the prime minister needs to resign, he is clearly a sociolibrarian.

Why has this thread not been closed yet?

Honestly, I really like the technical discussions on this forum, but don't see any value in these juvenile panderings.

Just my 2 cents from a lurker who likes to lurk technical discussions.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement