🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Independence Day 2.... how do you feel about it as a programmer?

Started by
23 comments, last by GearTreeEntertaiment 8 years, 7 months ago

http://www.warof1996.com/

So I just went to this website and I'm feeling all types of hype from it. Though the website is a bit clunky in places, I do like the interface and the whole "future" feel. But I wonder two things. 1) Will this live up to the original? 2) Will this make a good video game?

On the second point, for some reason, all I kept thinking of was Wing Commander 1 and 2.

So I ask you the same questions: Do you think this sequel will live up to the hype? Outdo the original? Or at the very least not disappoint? And do you think we'll get a damn good video game out of this movie?

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Advertisement
Well, so long as nobody hacks into an alien mothership with an apple mac, I'm up for giving it a chance :lol:

Well, so long as nobody hacks into an alien mothership with an apple mac, I'm up for giving it a chance laugh.png

Apparently (or so I've heard) there's a scene that explains that all of our computers are based off alien designs. So considering we reverse engineered their technology for our own uses, its not quite so silly (well.. I mean not so silly in context of the movie and alien invasions and all that).

Apparently (or so I've heard) there's a scene that explains that all of our computers are based off alien designs.

I've always just accepted they had years to study the technology (ignoring the fact that they said the it wouldn't even power up until the other ships arrived).

"I can't believe I'm defending logic to a turing machine." - Kent Woolworth [Other Space]

I base my hype purely off of who the director is. In this case it's the director of the original... But he hasn't made a movie I've liked since 1999 (The thirteenth floor). So I'm just going to assume it's bad and watch it a few years after it releases.

Looks like a movie I classify as "not to watch by paying" , so it may worth the risk of wasting few hours of limited life but no way money on my own.

mostates by moson?e | Embrace your burden

Well.....I mean randomly rebooting/adding sequels/remaking films works sometimes right? That's really the only reason I'm skeptical, but to be fair, the trailer looks pretty badass, so I'm cautiously hopeful.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

trailer looks pretty badass,

It's got aliens, guns, and explosions. I'm up for that! :)

I didn't feel like Independence Day needed a sequel, but it might be good.

The new Star Trek on the other hand, looks like a complete and utter abomination.

if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight

Well, so long as nobody hacks into an alien mothership with an apple mac, I'm up for giving it a chance laugh.png

Apparently (or so I've heard) there's a scene that explains that all of our computers are based off alien designs. So considering we reverse engineered their technology for our own uses, its not quite so silly (well.. I mean not so silly in context of the movie and alien invasions and all that).

I didn't really find hacking Alien Computers with Macs that far fetched after I watched a film on the SciFi channel where a kid writes a virus and hacks into a computer using a Gameboy pocket color.

Terminal Error is the name of the film:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0283542/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement