🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

chrome browser broken

Started by
3 comments, last by grumpyOldDude 8 years, 8 months ago

since last night my chrome browser has gone blank. It rolls forever but remains blank. It never connects. Even the settings is blank. BTW its not the internet connection because right now i'm using ME. I used Edge to reinstall but it remains blank and unconnectable. Its got all my bookmarks and stuff so i couldn't afford to deleting before reinstalling

Any clues what's happening and how I can fix without loosing anything? thax!

[attachment=29856:broken chrome.jpg]

can't help being grumpy...

Just need to let some steam out, so my head doesn't explode...

Advertisement

Chrome stores your data, including bookmarks with your Google account, so they roam and will not be deleted if you reinstall. Just log into your Google account and you're set. If you have one, that is.

As for the blank page - start by disabling all extensions.

As for the blank page - start by disabling all extensions.

Thanks.

To do this I need get to settings page though, but even in the bar drop-down when I click on settings it gives no response remains blank - its broken , completely broken. I can't even see history, when I click it also remains blank... nothing , just blank

Uninstall it and reinstall. As @irreversible mentioned, your bookmarks, settings, and SSNs are saved to your Google Account.

Uninstall it and reinstall. As @irreversible mentioned, your bookmarks, settings, and SSNs are saved to your Google Account

Thanks for confirming that.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement