Advertisement

Why is this PC going slow?

Started by August 15, 2015 06:08 AM
44 comments, last by JohnnyCode 9 years, 1 month ago

I know, I'm messing with you.

I was mentioning that WDDM 2.0 is not friendly with older versions of DirectX (which is driver related). The new driver architecture makes it harder to write fast drivers for old DirectX, plus the hardware isn't optimized for such old games anymore. That's basically what I was trying to say. This is why I like having a retro gaming PC and a Win7 install so I can avoid these issues as much as possible.

See? I told you that this thread would be worth it.

One final solution (for Morrowind). Maybe you could try WINE. That should redirect Direct3D8 calls to OpenGL, and NV's OpenGL drivers are much better.

Shogun.

WINE? On Windows? I though that was a Linux exclusive, though.

Advertisement

WINE? On Windows? I though that was a Linux exclusive, though.

I heard u leik teh windows, so I put u a windows on ur windows </meme>

Well played. I might make that.

"I would try to find halo source code by bungie best fps engine ever created, u see why call of duty loses speed due to its detail." -- GettingNifty

Don't be a dick, OK? It's free and it's a helluva lot better than Vista, so unless you have information that can help my issue, fuck off.

Advertisement

Don't be a dick, OK? It's free and it's a helluva lot better than Vista, so unless you have information that can help my issue, fuck off.

First, please try to be civil. You may not find a comment useful, but that's no reason to be offensive.

Second, TheComet actually raised a valid point. Windows 10 really needs more than 2Gb of RAM to run well. And has already been mentioned, it's emulating the DX version you need so will be slower than running the game on an older Windows version. You would get much better performance if you used Vista.

First, please try to be civil. You may not find a comment useful, but that's no reason to be offensive.

Second, TheComet actually raised a valid point. Windows 10 really needs more than 2Gb of RAM to run well. And has already been mentioned, it's emulating the DX version you need so will be slower than running the game on an older Windows version. You would get much better performance if you used Vista.

1. I'm not being offensive. There's a difference between being offensive and being honest.

2. No, I wouldn't get better performance with Vista, because Vista is the worst OS in history.

1. I'm not being offensive. There's a difference between being offensive and being honest.

2. No, I wouldn't get better performance with Vista, because Vista is the worst OS in history.

If that's what you actually believe (for both points) then please just stop posting.

You are absolutely being offensive. I've already warned you privately about it, but now I'm warning you publicly. Telling somebody to "fuck off" is rude and has an extremely high degree of likelihood to offend them and others. It is nowhere near the civility bar we expect from our members.
Don't do it again.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement