Advertisement

Fill in the Blank: I am wasting some game dev time by _______

Started by June 14, 2015 04:00 AM
28 comments, last by Brain 9 years, 3 months ago

I am wasting some game dev time by doing too much research about things which I will never use.

Want to 'fess up? tongue.png

Give me your honest, brutal, and embarrassing self-abasing confession about your game dev bad habit! ph34r.png

Personal life and your private thoughts always effect your career. Research is the intellectual backbone of game development and the first order. Version Control is crucial for full management of applications and software. The better the workflow pipeline, then the greater the potential output for a quality game. Completing projects is the last but finest order.

by Clinton, 3Ddreamer

Surfing the web.

Once upon a time the answer was "asking if I could do something instead of just doing it.

Another I've occasionally stumbled with is "trying to do everything myself, instead of leveraging existing solutions".

Advertisement

Watching my code compile.

Generally "surfing the web" is up there, too.

Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Talking to Dazana.

Shogun.

.... fantasizing about the technical details of building a commercial space station on the moon.

I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Advertisement

surfing the web: refreshing gmail, Facebook, Gamedev.net, and some current frequently visited pages. Every 5 minutes...

Reading interesting graphics articles that I am unable to make use off (Me being unable to implement the algorithim, Need to learn more...).

Avoiding the necisary stuff to do the intersting stuff...

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

Internet. As long as some sites are unsurfed game dev suffers.

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

...trying to make a perfect flat white.

...compulsively opening gdnet/facebook/email.

...looking at the steam summer sale.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement